While most of Team Bulb are working from home at this time, our Covid-secure offices are open for team members who need to use them. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 150 people virtually during the pandemic and have developed our ways of working to make sure new joiners feel part of our team. This includes virtual socials, lunch time ‘Insights’ from a range of internal and external speakers, and live streaming whole company meetings. If you’d like to read more about how we’ve adapted over the last few months, head over to our blog, and you can let us know about your specific requirements as part of the recruitment process.
Bulb is the UK’s fastest growing energy company with the highest customer satisfaction scores in our industry. We provide renewable energy to more than 1.7 million households in the UK, US, France and Spain.
Our team has grown to 800 people in our first five years…
As we scale from a UK challenger to a global enterprise we need to build a culture which focuses on what really matters: serving our members, growing our business and driving innovation in our products and technology.
The Head of People will be essential to this transition through building diverse teams that can deliver at scale, establishing an innovative and agile culture of high performance, and developing a pool of exceptional leaders and managers. They will also take the lead in setting up local People operations in our new markets.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a growth-oriented People leader with experience of scaling businesses internationally and fostering high performance cultures in multidisciplinary teams. You’ll get to work with great leaders, solve complex problems and directly impact our ability to achieve our mission of lowering our members’ bills and their carbon emissions.
The role is based in London and reports into our Chief People Officer.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a high performing People team in the UK and building out our People teams in new markets as they scale
- Building and maintaining an employer brand that attracts the very best talent into Bulb across all of our markets
- Partnering with senior leaders and managers across Bulb to foster a culture of high performance and build lean, effective teams
- Developing an exceptional employee experience that means the best people stay at Bulb to develop their careers
- Contributing to a People strategy that helps the business achieve its objectives and establishes Bulb as a best place to work in our market
- Developing a programme of leadership & management training that makes a direct impact on Bulb’s performance and raises the capability of our senior team
- Ensuring diversity & inclusion is at the heart of everything we do, and working with our D&I Champions to ensure Bulb is a leader not a follower on this topic
You’ll bring the following to our team:
- Track record of success in fast-paced, high growth and product-led businesses with an international reach and a diverse team
- Experience building strong, collaborative relationships with leaders that improve the impact of their teams in an agile, data-led culture
- Demonstrable experience of designing and delivering successful change programmes focused on team performance, manager capability and operational effectiveness
- Excellent problem solving and , commercial and analytical skills to understand the complex needs of our business and implement simple solutions at scale
- Exceptional communication skills encompassing challenging conversations, coaching leaders and and communicating initiatives across teams
- Impeccable judgment to identify and address individual and structural issues before they impact Bulb’s performance
- Experience designing learning & development interventions with measurable impact on leaders and managers
- Practical experience across key People priorities: talent, performance, compensation and benefits, org design, org development, communications and engagement
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- After a year at Bulb, you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- We all own a bit of Bulb.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.