PANGAIA is at the alternative crossroads of fashion, nature, and science, committed to innovating a better tomorrow. We are a global collective of one heart and many hands — scientists, technologists, designers — creating essential products from innovative tech and bio-engineered materials.
We believe it will take a collective effort to make the planet a better place for generations to come. We know we can’t do that on our own, so that’s where our collective comes in. We are about transparency — from sustainability and philanthropy, to design and manufacturing. We are constantly looking for ways to do better.
We give voice through science as a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of narrative to enact positive change in our world. We do this by developing materials, fusing science with design, cultivating our community and making decisions in inclusive, direct, educational and positive ways.
We strive to stretch existing limits, categories, borders and science. Join the movement to help us design a better future, together.
Job Title Head of People
Based at London Office
Job Purpose Summary
Pangaia is seeking a Head of People to own the experience of all our team members in our rapidly growing family. The ideal candidate will lead both executional and strategic people initiatives to shape a unique, and high performing culture as the organization grows and scales. This person will be able to lead well in a high growth, fast paced environment.
This position is expected to provide a broad range of strategic HR leadership and support including: talent management, performance, hiring, culture, organizational effectiveness, and employee engagement.
- Act as an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion champion within the organisation and ensuring policies and procedures are in place
- Design, deliver and implement People Strategy for the organisation, aligning the team to the goals of the business
- Deliver the People & Culture strategy for our office and partners, rolling out initiatives and programmes that effectively support the vision, values, and objectives of PANGAIA
- Design, deliver and implement Health and Wellbeing Strategy for the organisation, building upon what is already in place
- Manage any employee relations cases – building capability of people managers and working with teams to provide guidance and support when required
- Manage succession planning of key roles and nurture high performing talent
- Work directly with the business to identify talent management needs and opportunities
- Identify, implement and deliver training and development needs of the organisation, with a specific focus on training managers
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to the leadership team of the organization
- Manage and facilitate the overall performance summary cycle and employee engagement survey throughout the year
- Lead and provide creative solutions to strengthen the People team and enable the organization to perform effectively together
Knowledge and Skills
- 6-10 years of People/HR experience, including leadership rolesExperience in corporate/media communications (preferably 2+ years and in D2C/retail)
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate across all levels, with a diverse and international team
- Be passionate about the role of People team within an organisation and the value it brings
- Experience influencing and strategically solving problems
- Expert consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- An excellent people manager and people developer
- Have operated at both operational and strategic level within HR
- Someone who can thrive in a start-up environment
- • HR experience in E-commerce, technology or fashion industry will be an added advantage, as well as demonstrated impact on scaling and growing teams
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title above.
Pan: all-inclusive, especially in relation to the whole of a continent, racial group or religion, Gaia: Mother Earth. We are made up of individuals from all over the globe, with the same guiding principles and very different backgrounds, experiences, expertise and ideas. Here, scientists and technologists connect with designers and the next generation of creative minds, to create functional, sustainable products. And we believe they should be beautiful. No matter if they are made from next generation bio materials or recycled fibers. We design products for living in, for any situation and for basic needs. Woven with smart technology, made with as many sustainable and recyclable elements as possible. It’s not 100% natural. Yet. But we’re working on it.
Due to the volume of applications we are only able to contact those who are successful for interview.