The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting into the Commercial Director, the Head of Performance Marketing position will be responsible for driving growth through acquisition/retention/cross-selling across all Performance Marketing channels including paid (e.g. PPC, Paid Social, Affiliates, Display), owned (e.g. SEO, Content) and earned channels.
We are looking for an action orientated, technical individual with strong cross-channel marketing experience, preferably from within a hyper growth environment and/or a digital agency background. Experience in building performance marketing capabilities is a must and brand communities would be a significant plus.
What will I be doing?
- Manage performance marketing budget across all channels, including paid (e.g. PPC, PaidSocial, Affiliates), owned (e.g. SEO, Content) and earned channels.
- Identify, evaluate and select appropriate tools and software to enhance and automate our marketing infrastructure and workflow
- Champion our tracking and attribution efforts across the funnel by working with our data science, product and engineering teams to implement best-in-class tracking tools
- Partner with the digital product team on projects to ensure that traffic driven by growth marketing can be converted as efficiently as possible (e.g., landing page testing, CRO initiatives, etc.)
- Leadership: Recruit, lead and mentor a cross-functional team to build and execute growth strategies.
- Collaborate effectively and maintain strong relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders (e.g. P&L owners, Brand, Finance, Trading, Agencies, Partners)
- Partner with creative to ensure that our marketing mix features brand-elevating, conversion-driving creative appropriate to specific channels and channel goals, and develop a robust feedback loop for driving creative improvements
- Lead relationships with digital media agencies and key partners on a day-to-day basis.
- Create a trading mentality, daily stand up and live performance management.
- Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of reports, budgets, campaign performance, ROI, LTV, and other channel metrics.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will be:
- 10+ years of experience, some of it in a hyper-growth company. Agency experience is also highly valued.
- Experience in building and leading teams, with willingness to invest in the development of your team to enable them to deliver their KPIs.
- Experience in managing agency relationships and in planning and buying of display media, building campaigns, implementing bidding strategies is a must.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of all areas of performance marketing, including affiliates, PPC, paid social, display and programmatic.
- Mastery of Facebook Business Manager, Google Adwords, Google Analytics and attribution modelling is a must
- Expert knowledge of digital marketing principles and experience in running A/B tests for campaigns and deriving customer insights
You’ll love working with us if you are:
- Data Driven – Strong analytical skills and data-driven approach to decision-making
- Strong Communicator – articulate with an ability to communicate in a direct and clear manner
- Collaborative – excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritise, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.