The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We are looking for a rockstar PR and Social inspiring leader who will catapult the OVO brand to brand fame status. You should have the vision and skill to make OVO the most talked about energy brand in the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, executing and measuring the OVO Energy consumer PR and social media and brand content strategy.
In this role, you will support the growth of the business, through a fully coordinated consumer communications strategy. This person will also work closely in partnership with our brand marketing team and also with the corporate affairs team protecting the brand’s reputation. You will be outstandingly driven to deliver innovative, world-class campaigns that drive brand fame in the mass market for OVO Energy.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and implement PR & Social communications strategies and plans that support OVO’s Plan Zero 10 year plan
- Use the news agenda to jump on key brand awareness opportunities
- Develop Social Media strategy for OVO Energy for both awareness building and engagement with clear consistent messaging that creates a positive impact on company sales, reputation and image whilst considering new innovations and opportunities
- Develop OVO brand content strategy including over-arching OVO brand narrative across multiple channels and brand content campaigns.
- Develop and run OVO’s influencer strategy including appointment of agency and selection of talent
- Develop long form content strategy ie YouTube.
- Run a modest paid media strategy to support the key PR, Social and brand content goals in support with agencies.
- Lead integrated consumer campaigns from ideation to execution
- Ensure continual innovation with standout campaigns that move the needle
- Manage agencies including regular performance evaluation and leading search processes as needed
- Monitor social trends and consistently test and learn new ways of doing things
- Develop KPIs and continually measure and improve performance, regularly sharing updates with the broader team
- Handle reactive PR issues that contribute to the perceptions of our brand
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the business to identify hero PR moments, ie working with the Product team
- Take a proactive leadership role in the broader OVO Group comms community and the marketing efforts across OVO Energy
- Partner with the Corporate Affairs Director to ensure external messaging is aligned and brand is protected.
- Lead consumer communications planning linked to corporate announcements and activities – align multiple stakeholders, review copy, ensure consumer-friendly tone, protect brand reputation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure PR point of view is woven into business decision-making to get the most bang for buck ie integrated campaigns.
- A proven ability to deliver standout, disruptive PR and Social campaigns that make the brand famous
- Creative, innovative thinker who has intellectual rigour
Is this job for me?
- Extensive experience in inhouse or agency environment; high profile consumer/challenger brand preferred
- Strategic thinker who “gets stuff done”. Needs to see the big picture and have a vision, with an ability to also deliver it.
- Consistent track record of creative and innovative PR campaigns with standout results
- Minimum of 5 years social media and influencer campaign ideation and strategic experience
- Comfortable with risk-taking to challenge the status quo
- Ability to synthesize data into logical conclusions and recommendations
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced, changeable environment
From us you’ll get
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.