To apply for this job please visit www.earthblox.io.
If you want to make a real difference in the world and believe that since planetary resources are limited, we must manage our natural environment with care and respect;
If you are entrepreneurial by nature and enjoy both strategy and ‘getting-your-hands-dirty’;
This job is for you.
Earth Blox is a ‘for purpose’ company, offering a planetary-scale-data, no-code, solutions builder to support positive action towards achieving the sustainable goals. We believe that to address climate change mitigation and sustainability goals at scale, intelligence has to be accessible at scale.
As head of product, you will drive forward Earth Blox’s positive impact in the world by shaping our product and roadmap.
You will represent our customers’ voices, be our product visionary, a team champion, and a strategic leader (discovering what users need, prioritizing what to build next, and rallying the Earth Blox team around the product vision and roadmap). You will also be involved in maximizing the value of the product by creating and managing the product backlog, creating user stories and communicating the voice of the customer in the development process. This includes not only our current product and technology stack but looking forward to our exciting plans with:
- delivering a customer-driven and ultra-intuitive user experience and interface
- additional data
- developing algorithms
- exploring the benefits that AI and Machine Learning methods will bring to our customers
and helping people improve the way the planet and its resources are cared for
As product manager, your responsibilities will be holistic and encompass the entire product lifecycle — from customer discovery to product delivery. With support from the CEO and the exec team, you will drive the product strategy by understanding customer needs, the product, and the overall market as well as maximizing the value of the product by guiding the work of the Development Team.
This is a role directly reporting to the CEO, with real influence on the direction of the company, and the benefits and compensation are set to match the ideal candidate.
- Product Management: Product vision. Customer discovery. Cross-team alignment. Feature prioritization.
- Product Ownership: Optimizing the development process. Turning the product vision into an actionable backlog. Advocating for the customers’ needs to the development team.
More specifically, this will involve strategic input, including:
- In collaboration with CEO, defining the vision and strategy for our product and the roadmap of how they will evolve over the coming few years
- As we grow, hiring, leading and managing the team which designs and builds the product including engineers, content creators, behavioural researchers and designers
- Making sure that the product is developed in a systematic and orderly way
- Discovery and analyses of users need through user research unveiling critical insights.
- Alignment of team around a cohesive product roadmap.
- Selection of features to build next based on market research and market value
- Delivery of features that function and delight customers.
- Champion the team, partners, and external stakeholders to ensure alignment around overall strategy and direction of the product.
Some skills and experience you will need:
- We would consider a minimum of 3 years experience in product management, but ideally we’re looking for 5-7 years experience (in 2-3 Product
- Manager roles in at least 2 businesses).
- Strong systems thinking. You can quickly understand the market, how it’s changing, our current position in it, and the opportunities to grow. You can then translate that into a product vision, architecture, roadmap and initiate action at scale to deliver it
- Strong technical architecture skills (cloud and product) to engage with the teach team on product development, including experience of agile development packages e.g. Asana, Jira
- Proven track record of execution with tangible business results. You’ve built and owned SaaS and cloud based products before and are commercially driven (Experience scaling up a SaaS product is desired) with experience working with scalable Cloud platforms such as AWS. Google Cloud, MS
- Azure being ideal
- Knowledge of, and a strong interest in planetary and big data, including Earth Observation, is a plus
- If you’re excited about multi-dimensional challenges and building things that have a deep impact on the world, we’d love to hear from you.
- You deeply understand the different tools around product management, know when to apply them and can coach others in their use
- You can coach others and grow the next generation of product leaders in the organisation
- Experience in growing successful product teams, creating processes to execute and influence the whole company
- Communication skills that go all the way from inspiring teams internally, to communicating vision and direction to the board and investors
- Instrumental role in a scaling start-up, investor-funded environment is desired
- Experience with creating and driving a usable yet sophisticated product experience vision with design