Location: Flexible – commutable to London or Bristol
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Part of OVO Group, Kaluza is the leading intelligent energy platform powering the future of energy. From revolutionising billing to smart electric vehicle charging, Kaluza’s real-time cloud platform empowers some of the biggest energy suppliers to optimise their operations and invest in innovating for tomorrow’s customers. Driving decarbonisation, Kaluza intelligently manages the charging of smart home technologies, reducing customers’ energy bills and laying the foundations for a more flexible, cheaper and greener energy system. www.kaluza.com
What will I be doing?
As Head of Product for the Journeys squad, who look after key points in the customer lifecycle including joining and leaving a supplier, renewals and home moves, you will lead a total of six teams, setting a clear vision and strategy and coaching them to translate complex needs into simple and innovative solutions that solve real customer and business problems.
Being a proven leader, you’ll be passionate about bringing out the best in others; improving ways of working, fostering a strong product culture, and creating a high-performing cross-functional team, in collaboration with the Head of Engineering and Design Lead.
As part of the leadership team, you’ll provide peer support and challenge, lead on key initiatives, and make decisions as a group that impact the product as a whole.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have/be:
- A proven product leader with experience building and leading a large team of product managers with a focus on your team’s development and engagement.
- Inspirational to your team and your colleagues and are excellent at recruiting, retaining and growing product managers.
- Experience with developing and embedding modern product management methodologies, but you are not an idealist — you take a pragmatic approach to getting things done.
- A deep understanding of agile methods and value, co-creating product vision and leadership strategies with your design and engineering partners.
- A track record of simplifying complex customer experiences and journeys.
- Experience in clearly translating product strategies in ways that resonate with senior stakeholders in technical and non-technical teams.
- Someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and excels in fast-paced and changeable environments.
- Experience in helping teams to build great products and experiences that people love and drive business value.
- Data driven in measuring the impact of what you build
- Experience implementing methodologies and frameworks including business cases and financial modeling to estimate and measure the financial impact of your products, and have built this expertise within your teams.
- A diverse and evolving toolbox of methods and techniques for visualising problems that can be solved with better research methods
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
From us you’ll get*
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- Private Healthcare
- Long Term Investment Plan
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.