Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you. We’re working remotely to protect our team at the moment, but we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy with Bulb and we’ve expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
The role and team
We are looking for a dynamic leader to head up our Regulation and Sustainability team. This is a unique team that oversees Bulb’s regulatory compliance advice, policy and external affairs and sustainability function. Together, these areas protect Bulb and help Bulb grow responsibly and sustainably and do what’s right for our members.
We’re Bulb, a technology company and green energy supplier. Technology is at the core of both our business and our members’ experiences. We’re also the first large UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, excited about Bulb’s mission to help people lower their bills and reduce their carbon emissions. We’re looking for a self-starter who has experience across compliance, regulatory affairs and sustainability ideally in the energy sector who enjoys solving complex problems.
You’ll be responsible for
– Leading the work of the Regulation and Sustainability team overseeing the work of regulatory compliance leads, sustainability leads and policy leads.
– Supporting the leadership team and business units to manage and understand their regulatory responsibilities and the key regulatory and sustainability risks facing the business.
– Owning the development and delivery of the compliance monitoring plan and using technology to support this.
– Developing Bulb’s public positions in its priority policy areas and managing Bulb’s relationships with the regulators, government, NGOs and industry bodies.
– Overseeing Bulb’s Net Zero plan and core sustainability programmes including its carbon offsetting programmes, B Corp recertification and annual carbon emissions measurement and reporting.
– Building a strong team which has good networks and expertise and can provide ongoing strategic counsel to the business on upcoming policy and regulation and on climate action
What you’ll bring to Bulb
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but we’re also open-minded. If you recognise yourself in any of these traits, we’d love for you to send us an application.
– 8+ years experience working in regulation, compliance or policy
– Experience working the energy market or another regulated market and familiarity with the relevant rules Hands-on experience working within a business and experience building internal partnerships
– Proven self-starter, with a bias to action, who is highly motivated to make an impact
– Ability to thrive and succeed in a dynamic, fast growing, startup environment
– Experience with leading and coaching teams
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– A logical and creative thinker with strong analytical background
– Detail oriented, yet can make quick decisions / prioritisation on what is is most important
– Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
– Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
– Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
– 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
– 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
– Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
– Cycle to work scheme
– One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.