🐣Seniority Level:Senior level
💻 Work: Full-time at our HQ in Düsseldorf (option to work from home some days of the week)
📍 Location Düsseldorf
💰 Salary: Commensurate with experience
📆 Holidays: 24 paid holidays
Learn more here: https://retraced.notion.site/Head-of-Sales-m-f-x-233e0486f73141928061d4d1e3e33e23
🚀 Your mission
As a Head of Sales (m/f/x), you are the strategic leader for one of our most important divisions (Sales), and an important influencer on our vision to build an ecosystem that encourages the systemic transformation towards a more responsible fashion and textile industry. You will act as the face of the company in many important conversations and will work closely with the founders and management team. You will contribute to the business’s growth by:
– Building, scaling, and leading a dynamic B2B sales team to help us meet our goals
– Evaluating company growth and sales KPIs, assessing the performance of the sales team, and using the results to make key decisions, and motivating the team to achieve our goals
– Training of current and new sales team members on best practices for outreach, and winning client pitches
– Developing long-term customer relationships through strategic planning and trusting cooperation
– Researching of high-value contact persons & decision-makers in prospective companies
– Understanding their needs/pain points to create a winning proposal and prepare a good presentation to the decision-makers and gatekeepers.
– Attending trade shows and visiting high-value customers if needed
– Contacting potential new customers via email, social media, and by telephone and taking them through our sales journey (USPs, storytelling, etc.)
– Setting up demos and educating them on how to use the platform
– Providing marketing and product teams with valuable insights from the potential customers
🗺 At retraced “We love to make things happen”
We were born in 2019 with the vision to promote transparent global supply chains that foster better working conditions and more sustainable manufacturing practices across the fashion industry. With €1.2 million raised so far our platform is the world’s first cloud-based supply chain management system with CSR capability that empowers fashion companies to connect with their entire supplier network and collect relevant data points regarding the working conditions, materials, certifications, and environmental impact — Allowing them to gain customer trust and loyalty by sharing the story of every clothing item being sold.
– Previous experience in B2B Business development and/or selling technological solutions (must have)
– Previous experience working with fashion/textile industry (desired)
– Team leadership/management experience (especially in the B2B context; knowing how to scale a team is vital)
– Passion for sustainability topics
– You like approaching people actively, you are analytical and structured with ideas
– Good negotiation skills, not afraid of challenging conversations
– Ambitious goals motivate you, having a “Competitive Mindset” in a healthy measure
– Ability to work in a team
– You want to lead an important company division, and help reach our targets
– Independent working method and entrepreneurial spirit
– You have a work hard, play hard mentality
– Native communication skills in German and fluency in English (company language)
Everyone is different. We accept your personality as it comes. You might feel especially comfortable with us, if:
– You consider yourself a ***Creative Solutionist & Self-starter + A Leader***: You actively welcome new opportunities to rise to the challenge and are not afraid to ideate ‘outside the box’; You are Intrinsically driven to make analytical assessments, learn, adapt, problem solve, and accomplish goals.
– You enjoy working with cross-cultural and cross-departmental teams
– You feel comfortable sharing your opinions, seeking feedback, and growing your professional as well as cultural fluency skills.
🥳Benefits you will love
💬 “The Job Interview was really amazing….Overall, one of the best interviews I had” (Glassdoor review)
💬 “I have finally found an employer where my personal values are shared and I know that I am not only working for profit, but for a positive future for our society. (Kununu review)
💬 Great place to work and lead with your ideas and execution.” (Kununu review)
👕 Sustainable clothing
Enjoy sustainable clothing with family & friends discounts at nearly all our clients – From swimwear, children’s shoes to evening dresses and more!
The majority of our team works at the HQ in Duesseldorf, while being completed by amazing teammates based in Barcelona, Bucharest, London, Tehran, Torino, Guadalajara, and Paphos. Flexibility is the new normal, and we have been about that life since day one. 😎 We support working remotely and empowering you to feel your most comfortable as we push the industry towards a more sustainable future, together.
🎈Culture & Atmosphere
We love our team and love both the digital and physical office environment that we’ve created. Coffee breaks, table tennis breaks, food, laughter, and the occasional surprise visit from Mitch🐶, the beloved office doggie. If you love working with a great team in an even better atmosphere, join us!
🎯 Facts about us
22 👨🏿🤝👨🏿 team members
9500☕coffee cups per year
✨ How does your first week look like?
Teamwork makes the dream work. You will get your own mentor within the management team right from the start. This person will help introduce you to the rest of the team (sales, marketing, customer excellence, product development, etc) and give you an in-depth tour of how our revolutionary platform works. You’ll also get one-on-one sessions to chat with and learn about the founders. (tips: You can always pretty much get anything out of [Lukas](https://www.linkedin.com/in/lukas-puender/) over a cup of coffee☕, [Philipp](https://www.linkedin.com/in/philipp-g-mayer/) can tell you the crazy story about how this whole thing started👞, and ask [Peter](https://www.linkedin.com/in/petermerkert/) to tell you about the tech that goes behind retraced, and you’ll be best mates forever 👨💻)
Soon after that, you’ll be given the rundown of how our sales and marketing operations work and what strategies have been employed in the past. In addition, you’ll be briefed on what our vision is, what our objectives are, and what targets we need to reach. Right away, you’ll get to sit in on planned outreach calls, demos, customer onboardings, and even internal product development meetings. By the second week, you’ll already be well on your way to prospecting and contacting brands, retailers, and suppliers, as well as executing your plans for scaling the sales team. Your can-do attitude will help us and our clients achieve our shared mission to revolutionize the industry through impact-driven, supply chain transparency. 🚀
❤ OUR CORE VALUES
– 🌳 Purpose Driven
– 🌱 Innovative
– 🙋♀️ Responsible
– 🏆 Pragmatic & Efficient
– ⚖ Flexible & Agile
– 🔄 Fast Learning
1. Enabling solution-oriented mindsets
2. Challenging the status quo
3. Encouraging Proactivity, Bravery, & Curiosity
4. Creating Open & Safe Feedback Culture
5. Empower Systemic Change
🗝Our Foundation as a team is built on
– ✔Positive vibes only
⚙ Hiring process
1. Submit your application 📑
Send an email to email@example.com with:
– CV and LinkedIn profile, Whichever you find reflects you most. We will anyways google you 😉
– Cover letter stating your interest in the position
– Your salary range expectations
– Your earliest starting date
2. Get to know each other👋 In our first call, we want to exchange expectations and clear up your most urging questions. Furthermore, we want to excite you about our mission and product.
3. Sales Assignment ✍️ This might be the most fun part. We’ll follow up and ask you to prepare a short sales/pitch assignment for your to present to a wider team.
4. Pitch & Meet the team ☕ Pitch your assignment and meet more members from your future team! We’ll give feedback and discuss the next steps.
5. Et voilà: Offer! 💃 We aim to finish the entire process as soon as possible.