Apolitical is a global learning network for government. Our mission is to make government work better for people and the planet. We equip policymakers with the knowledge, skills and community they need to solve the world’s hardest challenges. Our platform is used by more than 100,000 public servants and policymakers in 170 countries, with members ranging from mayors, ministers, and heads of civil services to millennials pioneering digital innovations. Apolitical is backed by mission-driven investors around the world and by prestigious European Union innovation funding. Apolitical’s decision-making and team culture is guided by The Apolitical Leadership Principles and The Apolitical Charter.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of SEO to set the strategic direction for sustainable long-term growth of Apolitical. Capitalising on existing organic search traffic, this role will be pivotal in leveraging the Apolitical community to empower a growing number of civil servants to affect positive global change.
The Director of SEO role is a full-time position and based in London/UK. If you are currently based out of the UK, then you must be willing to relocate and have a right to work in the UK.
Apolitical is a hybrid working company. For this role you can expect to work remotely with occasional / regular visits to our London office to work alongside your colleagues.
You will be responsible for:
- The development of the SEO strategy and roadmap to drive growth of Apolitical in 170+ countries as the global learning platform for government
- Developing and owning the roadmap for ongoing on-site and technical SEO optimisation
- Developing and owning the content strategy for SEO, including identifying strategic opportunities for both company curated content and user-generated content
- Monitoring performance and forecasting of SEO as a key growth channel
- Serving as the SEO ambassador within Apolitical, evolving how we evaluate opportunities to maximise SEO’s potential
- Educating internally to ensure content is produced with an SEO-first mindset and that is it delivered appropriately to the right audiences
- Collaborating across product teams and other growth channels to identify synergies, maximise growth impact, and align strategically
- Embedding an analytical test and learn culture to constantly enhance the effectiveness of the SEO strategy
Your qualifications and essential skills
- You will have over five years’ experience working as a search marketer and can demonstrate a track record of building growth in organic rankings and acquisition
- You will have experience with content design/content strategy, and ideally has built up a large-scale content library to rank for organic search terms
- You will have experience driving tangible SEO growth on a global scale and in multiple languages and markets
- You will have an expert understanding of technical SEO, and can lead cross-functional initiatives to scope and execute engineering, UX, and design work
- You will have experience applying Growth marketing principles, including the application of growth loops and AARRR metrics
- You will have good commercial business understanding
- You will benumerate and can confidently forecast a target keyword portfolio’s potential impact on acquisition
- You will be collaborative, friendly and is keen to work together with talented colleagues to solve problems
In addition to working with smart, kind people on one of the most important challenges of our time…
- Stock options: Our employee options plan gives you a stake in our vision.
- Flexibility: Everyone works differently. Whether it’s early mornings, late nights or a day at home, we support what gives you energy and makes you effective.
- Holidays: We have unlimited holidays, trusting people to take what they need when they need. As a restorative reboot, we give everyone on the team the last Friday of every month off.
- Office: In normal times we’re based in beautiful Public Hall, in the heart of Westminster and overlooking the River Thames though we have flexibility around remote working
- Parental leave: We offer generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Personal development: We offer twice-monthly learning days and have learning and development budgets (no sign off below £1000 per year) for books, conferences and courses.
- Library: We have a constantly growing library, to which every team member contributes their favourite book. There’s also a bigger library in Public Hall.
- Discounts: Exclusive discounts and rewards at over 30,000 brands.
Salary: Up to £75k depending on experience
Please add to your application:
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
- When would you be available to start? Please insert your notice period, if applicable.
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Apolitical does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
Apolitical is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.