To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at 350,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers. The electricity we sell is renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff well being and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
Overall purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to deliver an integrated talent strategy that help creates an environment where people are highly engaged, while also driving excellence in performance. This will include talent acquisition, learning, career & succession planning, and leadership development across People’s Energy. The goal is to recruit and retain talent and engage colleagues to deliver to their full potential and provide an excellent service for our members. Through in-depth understanding of the business, its goals and priorities, the Head of Talent will be responsible for building talent strategies that attract, develop and retain top talent and diverse employees across all levels of the organisation. Critical to success will be equipping leaders in identifying and developing talent, and in having stretching performance and development conversations.
· Set resourcing strategies for the business and managing the end-to-end recruitment cycle to create robust and cost-effective recruitment programmes and structures, and to develop our Employer Brand
- Develop manager capability to effectively assess potential in candidates and assess senior level candidates to ensure they meet business requirements and are aligned to the values of People’s Energy
- Develop a comprehensive L&D strategy and plans that develop the capability of our people at all levels in an engaging, multi-channel approach that drives personal ownership for learning
· Provide thought leadership, and innovation in interventions that enable the organisation to become a best practice learning organisation
· Lead succession planning practices, talent management and development programmes across People’s Energy to maximise the potential of people and meet future business needs
· Oversee the development and delivery of strategic leadership development programmes
· Lead the development and delivery of coaching and mentoring capability across the business, championing the benefits of coaching, mentoring and sponsorship
· Work closely with the Chief People Officer to align the talent agenda with wider business strategic priorities
· Manage and develop a highly-skilled team to support delivery of the talent agenda
· Work closely with the People Team Manager to develop and implement employee retention programmes or strategies
· Ensure all aspects of recruitment, development, and talent management are focused on diversity and inclusiveness to ensure accessibility to all candidates and colleagues
- Play an active role as part of the Senior Leadership Team, providing strong strategic and commercial leadership to the wider business.
- A creative, lateral, agile and strategic thinker who can hold multiple perspectives and envisage what is possible
- A commercial and strategic mindset, taking the whole business and ethics into consideration in decisions
- Excellent leadership and stakeholder management skills, as a functional leader and as part of a broader business leadership team – confident and credible influencer with the ability to respectfully challenge or be challenged at all levels
- Experience of working within fast moving, agile and innovative environments; adaptable and flexible, responding positively to changing requirements with a ‘can-do’ and ‘make-it-happen’ attitude.
- Experience of coaching at senior levels
- Ability to lead high volume recruitment in short periods of time
- Demonstrable commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to turn data insights and strategy into tangible, measurable, results-focused outcomes for the business
- MSc in HRM, Learning & Development, Talent, Organisational Development, Leadership or another relevant subject or equivalent experience would be an advantage
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Knowledge, qualification and experience of using psychometrics to support talent acquisition.
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.