Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
We’re backed by leading investors, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive Capital, Lowercarbon Capital, Astanor Ventures, and Marc Benioff. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
The Role: Head of Talent
The Head of Talent will provide leadership and guidance to a growing team and will be up-to-date on the latest people and talent trends, have a progressive outlook on performance and development. You will have experience helping recruiters at a variety of levels navigate the tech/VC/Series A/B companies and landscape, as well as providing day to day leadership and coaching to the wider Talent team.
The Head of Talent will design and drive all key recruiting processes, such as the creation and implementation of hiring timelines and interview challenges and tasks.
- Experience as a recruitment leader within a fast growing start-up and/or scale up environment
- Built and managed a recruiting team within a quickly growing recruiting organization
- Recruited for multi-disciplinary roles in London, among other regions
- A strong background in client/account management at senior levels and within complex governance structures
- An understanding of tech/ VC/Series A/B companies and landscape
- Experience in compensation design (including long-term incentive structuring) for start-up talent
- Prior involvement in organizational design. Ability to juggle multiple initiatives and short- and long-term priorities in a challenging fast-paced environment that involves building companies from zero at an unprecedented pace
- Self-motivation and initiative; creative problem-solving skills and willingness to offer suggestions for improvement
- Demonstrated diligence, attention to detail, and technical intuition
- Ability to join teams and build relationships throughout a loosely structured organization; similarly, ability to build relationships to leverage resources
- Gravitas and executive presence; the ability to have strategic talent conversations
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and coach junior members of the team while also driving own performance
- Impeccable integrity and the ability to create a space for psychological safety
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic teammates.
We are a remote-first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one-time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early-stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page but includes:
- Competitive salary + options
- 30 days holiday
- £1000 each year to expand your development
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.