A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions are coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world’s #1 app for fighting food waste and our company is B Corp certified. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 72 million meals saved across 15 countries and counting.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We’re moving faster than ever and have grown the company to 1000+ employees, with our hiring volume accelerating each month.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Head of Talent Acquisition, who will help to continuously raise the bar and play a vital role in supporting our ambitious growth strategy.
You will focus on a great candidate experience, inclusive and scalable internal processes and lead a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists based in different countries across Europe.
You should be excited about working in a fast-growing social impact company with a meaningful mission and amazing culture and have previously scaled a company going through significant growth.
The role will be part of the Global P&C Management Team and report to the Chief People Officer.
The role can be based in Copenhagen or in London
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process for open roles across the business, ensuring that the company values are reflected throughout the process.
- Proactively identify and address hiring needs, across Too Good To Go geographies and Global Functions, based on business growth plans
- Initiate employer branding initiatives, actively sourcing candidates and managing interview processes.
- Train, mentor and coach a team of currently 5 distributed Talent Acquisition Specialists.
- Collaborate with recruitment agencies as and when needed.
- Ensure we have the resources and tools available to sustain ambitious hiring
- Present relevant metrics to relevant senior stakeholders and advise on emerging trends.
- Drive best practice by educating Hiring Managers and the business on recruitment.
- Ensure that local recruiting/interview processes are aligned with global recommendations and processes.
- Hire at speed without sacrificing our values.
- Ensure a great candidate experience – always!
- 8+ years of progressive responsibility within a TA team including at least 2 years leading a team in that function, within a fast-paced company. Previous in-house experience is a must, additional experience in an agency is beneficial.
- An exceptional understanding of how to lead, coordinate and motivate a team in a high-growth company
- Proven experience developing a strategy to drive high-volume recruitment, ideally in a scale-up, fast-growth business.
- Data-driven approach and analytical mindset, detail-orientation, comfortable with data and processes.
- Ability to communicate and partner with all levels of the organization, balancing business needs, a desire for consistency, and an awareness of local market factors and needs.
- Demonstrated success running DE&I focused recruitment processes and training and a deep understanding of how to best attract and hire a diverse talent pool.
- Experience in designing recruitment to support diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, video screening, reference check etc).
- Solid understanding of sourcing techniques and tools (e.g. social networks)
- Familiarity with HR databases and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) is a must.
- Experience in managing full-cycle recruiting and employer branding activities
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal: You put a lot of care into the candidate experience, and will support the ongoing expansion of Too Good To Go.
- Highly ambitious, self-motivated and passionate about our mission
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, taking the lead on operational recruitment.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1000+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries and counting – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above.
- Please submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.