Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Purpose of the role
The role has a broad reach across the business including taxation, treasury, compliance, and risk management. Its purpose is to ensure the business complies with tax and other regulatory obligations. The job holder is expected to manage the relationship with HMRC, tax advisors, banks, insurance broker, and Group CARO for compliance matters. The role is seen as the internal advisory for all tax matters.
- Maintain and evolve the group’s tax strategy in coordination with the wider Monde Nissin Group.
- Manage the relationship with HMRC relating to MNUK and its UK subsidiaries.
- Prepare and submit tax returns for all entities within the MNUK group seeking external advisory support where required ensuring that all tax payments are made accurately and on time.
- Act as internal tax advisory for major projects and M&A activity.
- Lead the response to any tax enquiries covering Corporation Tax, VAT, Employment taxes and any foreign enquiries.
- Prepare tax forecasts for the business planning activities.
- Ensure the business’s VAT returns are accurate and timely for all the markets the business trades in.
- Manage the company’s Transfer Pricing processes ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Lead the treasury function of the business ensuring.
- Maintain all banking relationships across the business.
- Maintain an appropriate currency policy and ensure compliance of currency purchase activity.
- Present the monthly and weekly cashflow updates to the business in line with reporting requirement.
- Prepare the annual Going Concern Statement for inclusion in the Statutory Accounts.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Create a program that monitors and reviews the business wide operation for compliance with regulatory and policy requirements.
- Develop a risk and governance framework including the maintenance of the company’s risk register that appropriately identifies and assesses business risk. Keep the ARC committee up to date on a regular basis.
- Lead the company’s insurance strategy and maintain the relationships with brokers and underwriters.
- Undertake the annual insurance renewal programme.
- Undertake all company secretarial duties for all companies within the UK group.
- Control the business DOA in line with agreed policy.
- Arrange for internal training to keep management up to date with regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to team meetings
- Give advice and support to team members
- Work closely with other relationship holders, senior managers and knowledge managers
- Identify and agreeing personal development needs
- Take actions to address your personal development needs – being pro-active
- Keep up to date with product/service developments
- Develop technical skills
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.