We’re on a mission to create a faster, smarter and more innovative way of accessing an Electric Car. We offer an all-inclusive subscription solution, with no deposit and only a monthly renewable commitment; challenging conventional car ownership and putting the customer back in control.
Having launched two years ago and with significant funding from top-tier Venture Capitalists, we are a high-growth tech scale-up. Over the last 12 months we have averaged 30% organic month-on-month growth and we have the largest electric fleet in the UK, with over 1,000 active subscribers. Our team has grown dramatically, with offices in London, Warwick and Birmingham and overseas expansion planned for 2021.
Our challenge now is to take Onto to a new level without losing what makes us special for our customers. We need to be able to deliver reliably on a large scale to mass-market customers, while still maintaining speed, ideation and a mindset of growth and accountability. This is a challenging combination, but one we’re embracing in the next stage of our journey. And that’s where you come in…
About the role.
This is a brand new critical role for an enthusiastic People Specialist who will be able to turbo-charge People & Culture initiatives. Providing best-in-class employee experience to our national team across 3 offices; London, Leamington Spa and Birmingham. You’ll be hands-on and self-motivated, someone who is very familiar with the end-to-end employee lifecycle and assisting with sourcing and acquiring high quality talent. You’ll be working on all things people-related, supporting people initiatives and business leaders with their teams. A people-focused and results-driven individual, you’ll also be able to bring the projects to life whilst supporting our day-to-day team. You will ensure our people are taken care of and are happy, engaged and recognised.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Creating, implementing and executing on new People & Culture projects and initiatives, including implementation of new benefits, new software and company-wide and local social events
- Responsible for keeping the company compliant with regards to all the legislative and best practice changes linked to people and culture management.
- Develop and maintain the HR handbook of policies and procedures for the business
- Ensuring continuous personal development (CPD) and succession planning is in place for all Onto team members at all levels and identifying training and development needs, managing the company-wide training plan.
- Manage and develop HR KPIs to demonstrate the health of the business from an HR and culture perspective.
- Build a base of knowledge base including templates to aid Managers across the business in the day to day management of their teams.
- Ensure an annual company-wide survey is in place to ensure we have a regular review and follow up action plans for the business with regards to people and culture
- Running, assessing and improving existing initiatives, including benefits, software, performance assessment processes, compensation reviews and training
- Collaborating on regional employee communications
- Through training and development empowering managers to be effective in management
- Supporting employee lifecycle management processes such as onboarding, termination, personal data changes and internal transfers
- Build and implement effective employee onboarding and offboarding processes. Including contract preparation and employee documentation such as reference letters, promotion letters, salary increment letters etc.
- Constantly aiming to improve service delivery and customer service by making recommendations and improvements on existing and new policies, processes and procedures
- Researching and suggesting new people technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations and to add value to employee experience, engagement and wellbeing
- Assisting in organising employer branding initiatives
- Empowering Managers in identification and support in dealing with employee relations cases related to performance and absence management
- Development and leading on employee engagement initiatives.
- You have at least 3 years experience in human resources role, preferably in a fast-growing startup environment as People Ops Specialist, HR Generalist or People Advisor
- You’re CIPD certified or partly certified
- You have great knowledge of UK employment legislation, and experience with HR compliance
- You have previous experience working across the whole employee lifecycle including onboarding, performance management, absence management and offboarding
- You have a proven track record of running initiatives and increasing employee engagement
- You’re organised with strong problem-solving, interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- You’re resourceful in your approach to resolving day to day HR issues and queries
- You have an eye for detail, and focus on delivery and quality
- You’re team-orientated, with excellent interpersonal skills, down to earth and fun to work with
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You may also have some familiarity with Workable and CharlieHR
- The opportunity to hold a key position in an ultra-fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape.
- Competitive salary according to experience, plus the opportunity for share options.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Contribution to Personal Pension Scheme.
- Flexibility to work from home.
- Professional L&D budget
- Due to the impact of Covid-19, we are currently a remote-first company however, in the future this role will be based in our London office.
- Team Socials (virtually at the moment).
- Onto EV salary sacrifice scheme.
- Retail, travel & cinema discounts via Benefits Hub.
- And of course, anything you implement!!
Salary: £30k – £40k depending on experience