To apply for this job please visit www.tokamakenergy.co.uk.
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
This role is responsible for a major Tokamak Energy technology development programme delivery to quality, time and budget targets. The role is to lead and deliver one of our key technology development project. This role will report to the AMR (Advanced Modular Reactors) programme manager who has overall responsibility for the delivery of TD projects and programmes and develop the framework on how to do this.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Generate deliverables-based, integrated plans (timing and resource) to set timelines for the successful delivery of project objectives to quality, time and cost targets. Collaborate with technical leader to set milestones in the plan to track progress
- Lead and dictate daily team workload reviews and weekly supplier meetings. Document and distribute key notes and actions.
- With the technical leader, proactively lead the project team to successfully deliver project objectives and deliverables
- Promote adherence to safe working practices in the delivery of project activities
- Lead preparation, submission and presentation of project status reports and project gateway documentation
- Identify project risks and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure suitable mitigation plans are in place and coordinate business discussions to resolve any time, cost or specification changes where necessary
- Produce weekly programme review reports with clear metrics and KPIs
- Support the forecast and budgeting activities with input from technical leads and finance team
- Implement the processes and procedures necessary to deliver project in time, cost and quality
- Actively work within the project management centre of excellence to share best practice, develop the project management framework and support the PM strategy.
- Engineering Degree
- Ideally APM qualified (to PFQ or PMQ level) or equivalent
- Experience in delivering complex technology projects or manufacturing projects
- Experience in managing multiple projects utilising the same resources in relation to timing, cost and priority limitations
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project and/or Agile programme management tools
- Effective communication (both oral and written), internally and externally
- Able to interpret highly technical situations/issues and translate them into a communication suitable for all levels of the business
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Well-structured planning and resourcing for budget setting and management
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.