To apply for this job please visit www.tokamakenergy.co.uk.
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent, full time
Overview of the role
This new role supports the growth of our organisation, providing a best in class HR service to colleagues and candidates. Reporting into the HR Director, you will have responsibility for a broad range of operational HR matters within your defined business divisions, as well as working on various HR projects and providing cover for colleagues across the HR function.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Conduct a broad range of HR operational tasks, including but not limited, in relation to: recruitment and onboarding, payroll and benefits, learning and development, employee relations, reward, people policy.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement these in consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Work on a range of HR projects to develop implement the people strategy across the organisation.
- Partner with managers, providing advice, coaching and practical support on people matters.
- Accurate, diligent record-keeping and producing reports and analysis as required.
- Provide cover for colleagues as required.
- Ad-hoc duties in response to business needs.
- Qualified (or working towards) to CIPD level 5 (or equivalent).
- 3+ years’ experience in an immersive generalist HR role with exposure to the full HR life cycle.
- Up to date knowledge of employment, and related, legislation.
- Conversant in use of technology for professional use, including sound Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word, Excel, Sharepoint and Teams.
- A technical background would be an advantage.
- High energy, passion, resilience and commitment.
- A can-do mentality.
- Comfortable engaging with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A completer-finisher.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 year’s service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 14 days of submitting your application, then unfortunately it is most likely you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job. Tokamak Energy is committed to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
If you are passionate about playing a major role in accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation> For more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation.
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.