With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Manager, Human Resources
What You Will Be Doing
The Human Resources Generalist role Implements and administers human resources programs, policies and practices as part of a Global HR operations team for the European region. Maintains detailed knowledge of HR service areas and answers employee inquiries pertaining to HR programs, processes, procedures and communications. Responds to employee service needs such as document requests, employment form completion, onboarding assistance, HRIS data maintenance, benefits administration, payroll processing or other HR functions as assigned. Serves as escalation point for HR services support as needed. Maintains records related to human resources activities, policy changes or additions. This position reports to the HR Manager Europe based in Reading.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
The Human Resources Generalist will in this role work closely with the regional HR Manager Europe, but also with the Global HR operations team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Onboard new hires and set them up for start
- Ensure onboarding and coordination with our European benefits provider
- Administer and update leave of absences for Europe (self service PTO system)
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves, employee benefits and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics
- Support in quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Ensure data integrity in our HR Information system and other databases
- Manage Employee correspondence
- Support in compliance with labor regulations
- Assist with immigration status checks
- Support some admin work for the Reading office facilities
Partner with the People Operations team to implementing and managing companywide initiatives (i.e., annual performance review process, employee engagement survey, new programs/policies, etc.)
- Proven experience of 2 to 5 years as an HR Generalist/Administrator or HR shared service representative
- Proven experience in supporting HR for different European countries
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Understanding of different general HR policies, a plus
- Field general day to day employee HR related inquires
- Good knowledge of employment/Labour laws. Labour laws a plus
- Good knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems e.g. UltiPro
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving and thinking outside the box
- Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach
- Graduation / Post Graduation in HR or relevant field
- Fluent in English, proficiency in other European languages is a pre
- Good sense of humour
Are you to roll up your sleeves? This is a perfect role for someone who wants to be part of a dynamic company that is focused on developing the culture of our awesome ChargePoint team.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.