Imagine a future where you join us in building the future electrical transmission systems for our offshore wind farms
Join us as our new HV Technical Scope Manager. In close collaboration with passionate colleagues, you’ll provide technical scope management during the design and construction of our offshore wind farm projects worldwide. As technical scope manager, you’ll develop your project management skills by supporting us in the delivery of the High Voltage (HV) component scope for the onshore and offshore substations in the HVAC and HVDC transmission systems.
Welcome to Transformers & HV Components Management
Transformers & HV Components Management is involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind farm projects, from bid preparation to handover to O&M, including design, tendering, procurement, contract execution, fabrication of components, inspections, site works, testing, and commissioning. You’ll interact with many other engineering disciplines such as electrical system design, SCADA, protection, structural/civil engineering, HV cables, procurement, etc., to target the integration of cost-effective, fit-for-purpose, and highly available and reliable systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing technical and commercial aspects of the projects in a fast-changing environment, with you creating structure and setting direction
- collaborating and coordinating tasks with the project manager, engineers, and HV component suppliers
- ensuring that quality and progress are compliant with our delivery model, project schedules, and budgets
- developing technical requirements, evaluating tenders, and executing the contracts with our HV component suppliers for transformers, reactors, and switchgear, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have or aspire for a formal project management education and certification like PMI
- understand electrical transmission system design, technology, and the interfaces to the other systems on a high level, and it’s an advantage if you have project execution experience with HV transmission systems
- have leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills, while being good at handling interfaces and collaborating across cultures and functions
- speak and write English fluently and thrive working in globally distributed teams utilising virtual communication tools with a high degree of diversity, inclusiveness, and equality.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 08 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ole Kjær, Manager, on +4599555417 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.