To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at over 250,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including those currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers. The electricity we sell is renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff wellbeing and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
Overall purpose of the role
To deliver profitable growth to People’s Energy by selling the values and ethics of the company via outbound (Warm leads) and inbound telephony. To ensure at all times, there is a clear destination to drive that profitable growth into social good. To be part of an agile, highly skilled sales unit that delivers daily, weekly and monthly results always aligned to the values and culture of People’s Energy.
- To deliver monthly blended target of energy sales/renewals volume as specified and agreed by Team Leader.
- To maintain a “Go Live” performance in line with monthly target
- To achieve the above by using the People’s Energy telesales techniques
- To maintain the People’s Energy values in every interaction internally and externally
- To maintain a quality score reflective of monthly target
- To use People’s Energy systems to deliver key metrics
- To maintain required productivity levels in any specified period.
- A positive state of mind and the will to take on a challenge
- Excellent organisational skills
- A positive telephone manner and ability to communicate well with many types of people
- Ability to learn fast and adapt to an ever-changing industry
- Ability to embrace new and different selling techniques and apply coaching
- Goal oriented and driven to succeed
- Team mentality to ensure success for all wherever and whenever possible
- High personal standard and expectation to perform in any circumstances.