Moixa is a high growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare – the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
The Moixa team is growing fast and we are looking for an Information Security Manager to maintain and enhance Moixa’s information security posture and drive the implementation of and compliance with relevant cybersecurity certifications.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced information security professional who thrives in a scale-up environment. You love tech and working on technical products and you are most comfortable when you are adapting and innovating.
- Assessing the risks to computer systems and planning to minimise possible threats
- Ensuring that international and national network security standards are met, including ISO27001, SOC 2, and Cyber Essentials +
- Upgrading and maintaining existing security systems, and managing Moixa’s Information Management Security System
- Testing security products and evaluating them
- Simulating security breaches to test procedures
- Making incident management plans such as for disaster recovery, and applying them as required
- Preparing technical documentation, training, and reports for users and managers
- Strong technical literacy – you can communicate effectively and credibly with technical colleagues
- Interpersonal skills – you distill complex information security principles into accessible documentation and training for non-technical colleagues
- A ‘Doer’ – you implement, not just recommend, changes and continually improve our systems and services
- Thorough and detailed – you work through a problem, assessing everything carefully and ensuring everything is followed up
Your ideal experience:
- Worked in cloud computing
- Implemented one of either ISO27001 or SOC2
- Worked with international public and private partners and clients
- Worked with distributed teams across multiple timezones (non essential)
- Knowledge of and experience with Atlassian products (non essential)
You should be:
- A curious and proactive problem-solver – information security management for you can include aspects of delivery when required, that’s the nature of scale-ups and you handle it with confidence
- Adaptable – growth means fast-pace and constant change, you handle uncertainty with a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- An expert who understands the importance of continually improving the accessibility, integrity, and availability of information, focusing on the end-user (Moixa employees)
Nice to have:
- US Market Experience Relevant technical certifications, such as:
- CompTIA Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CASP+, PenTest+, Cloud+
- CISM / CISSP
- AWS Cloud Practitioner (minimum ideal) + any other relevant AWS certifications
- Experience with compliance automation platforms such as Vanta, Drata or Tugboat Logic
- Business transformation & implementation experience
- Familiarity with BeyondCorp / ZeroTrust security model
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance with Bupa
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
- £1000 bonus for referring a new hire
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Access to Spill, Employee Mental Health Support platform
Duration: Full time
Location: Fully remote with occasional visits to the Farringdon, London office in line with the requirements of ISO 27001 regarding physical security.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.