With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
What You Will Be Doing
This position is a highly-visible role within ChargePoint. As the Infrastructure Partnerships Manager, you will be focused on large scale charging networks and will be responsible for nurturing some of ChargePoint’s largest and most demanding customers in Europe. You will be the face of ChargePoint to these customers and ChargePoint Leadership will be relying on your behavior and decision-making to ensure customers hold our Company in the highest regards. Your success in the role will be directly traceable to revenue, but more importantly, customers that are thrilled with their ChargePoint solution as the core of their charging business.
You will work closely with customers’ teams across a range of functions, as well as with colleagues in multiple departments and time-zones within ChargePoint. Those teams will rely on you to coordinate multiple stakeholders on their behalf, share insights, and drive projects to resolutions. Managing customers’ expectations will be crucial and you will be asked to develop some technical insights to ChargePoint’s engineered hardware, software and support products.
The role is dynamic and while most days you will be smartly dressed and ready for a meeting with the customer’s CxO, there are some days when you will have the opportunity to observe alongside a Solutions Engineer in the field. Resourcefulness and problem-solving skills are an absolute must to be successful in this role.
Based in the UK, the Infrastructure Partnerships Manager will be the point person for activities between ChargePoint and large scale networks in Europe. Responsibilities are to include but are not limited to:
- Developing and negotiating business opportunities with large scale EV infrastructure networks, including hardware, software, and support sales
- Creating key account and development plans for aligned and successful customer management
- Managing and tracking multiple work streams with personnel from customer organizations and ChargePoint’s European and US-based teams, ensuring all commitments are met
- Establishing trust and a relationship with customers
- Report activity on a weekly basis to Senior Management and on the state of the relationship across various business activities. Key Accounts are discussed weekly amongst leadership and the state of the relationship across various business units must be closely tracked
- Escalate any issues that may arise – as the eyes and ears of ChargePoint you’re responsible for informing leadership if there’s a bottleneck to your customer’s success
- Expected to visit UK customer offices at least once a week to maintain relationships, and potentially travel in the EU less frequenty
Sr. Director Utility & Infrastructure Partnerships
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
This is a demanding role at a high-energy company in a fast-paced industry that is experiencing unprecedented growth. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A track record of success in developing, driving and closing business – negotiation skills and financial aptitude is a must
- Proven ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of functional areas, including Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Supply Chain and Legal
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
- Willing and able to be very hands-on and manage not just the big picture but also the details of work streams
- Teamwork oriented, and a willingness to work to the benefit of others
- Confident in interacting with external and internal senior management
- Learns quickly and is an energetic self-starter with the ability to work hard, independently
- Able to adapt to a non-standard work schedule – the company’s Global headquarters is in California, so evening-time calls will be required from time to time to be successful in managing the account
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
These are the “nice-to-haves” so don’t let any of these prevent you from applying, but if you have these, definitely submit your CV!
- Experience with electric vehicles or electric vehicle infrastructure
- Experience selling software services
- Familiarity with Distribution Network Operators, Independent Power Producers and/or EV regulatory agencies (like OLEV)
- Masters in Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience working with a company in the process of growing organizations and business in international markets
- Any experience as an electrical technician is a plus
- Moderate UK travel required, potentially European-wide
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruiting agencies do not contact.