To apply for this job please visit static1.squarespace.com.
About Sustainable Ventures
Sustainable Ventures’ vision is a world in which the challenges of climate change and resource scarcity are addressed through commercial solutions. Sustainable Ventures (“SV”) has created Europe’s largest sustainability cluster through originating, supporting and investing in the best early stage businesses in the sector.
The Programmes team runs a number of projects of business and commercialisation support which bring together a broad spectrum of expertise to help low-carbon enterprises to optimise products and services for the market and develop their business for growth.
One such programme is Better Futures. The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) grantfunded Better Futures programme is a key component of developing a wider Cleantech innovation Cluster in London and is led by the Greater London Authority (GLA), with Sustainable Ventures as the primary delivery partner. It forms an integral part of the establishment and population of a cleantech cluster that houses, convenes and supports an ecosystem of stakeholders within the field of clean technology.
A further business support programme is in the final stages of approval and, once approved, will be funded by the Mayor of London’s Green New Deal fund. It expands the reach and capacities of Sustainable Venture’s current programmes to include the addition of grants, internships and top-up support to address the challenges faced by cleantech startups during/post coronavirus. Part-funded by the 2014 to 2020 European Regional Development Fund Programme
Sustainable Ventures are looking for a passionate and versatile Innovation Advisor to support our programme delivery. The role will focus on managing our pipeline of exciting SMEs for the programmes as well as hands-on delivery of innovation and business support.
In addition, as a member of the Sustainable Ventures team you may be called upon to provide commercial support to both our Sustainable Accelerator and Sustainable Ventures portfolio companies. This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development, scaling and commercialisation of high potential start-ups in the sustainability field. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of commercial skills and a background and interest in working closely with start-ups to help them grow their business. The role would suit a highly motivated self-starter with a detail- oriented approach providing the ability to rigorously manage our SME pipeline and transaction processes. You should also be comfortable establishing working relationships with start-up CEOs and teams.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinating across business units to manage the pipeline of start-ups looking for innovation and business support
• Contributing to the due diligence and on-boarding processes ensuring SMEs meet objective and subjective criteria for the programmes
• Create Innovation Plans for SMEs accepted into the programmes outlining and prioritizing the most relevant support to be provided
• Act as direct Innovation Advisor to SMEs providing a broad range of support including but not limited to review and input to business plans and investor pitch packs, advice on financial models, strategy and market placement
• Coordinating with other Innovation Advisors to ensure the right support is provided to SMEs
• Maintaining compliance and evidentiary documentation to meet the requirements of programme funders
• Delivering support to the wider community of sustainable start-ups SV work with
• Connecting and building our community of sustainably-focused businesses
Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience and aptitude for each of these functions, obtained through professional experience, educational attainment, and/or voluntary activities, in their application.
• Minimum of two years’ experience/interest of working in a fast-paced start-up environment and/or of launching and growing new businesses
• Proven organisational skills for managing multiple activities simultaneously, co-ordinating deliverables and meeting deadlines. Time and process management skills are imperative
• Financial modelling and business planning skills including funding for early-stage companies
• Possess interpersonal skills to engage with start-up management teams and other stakeholders and to build resilient on-going relationships
• Strong commercial awareness and be able to utilise your initiative
• Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in sustainability within a professional and/or academic context.
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to convey complex technical and commercial information in concise and convincing business proposals, adapting content to different audience requirements. Fluency in written English is imperative
The role offers unparalleled exposure to many exciting start-ups, with opportunities for long-term career progression as SV continues to scale. Based at Sustainable Ventures co-working space, ‘Sustainable Bankside’, candidates can expect a lively and engaging work environment amongst a diverse range of innovators.
Remuneration: £35k-40k (depending on experience) + discretionary bonus + long-term incentive scheme
Location: London Bridge/Blackfriars. n.b. We have returned to limited office-based working under COVID safe procedures and will continue to monitor and comply with government guidelines. At the time of writing, the role will be predominantly carried out from home. Sustainable Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This is a full time role however, we will seek to accommodate requests for flexible working schedules.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.