The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
As a Data Analyst at OVO Energy you’ll play a key role in achieving our vision of creating clean, affordable energy for everyone.
The energy industry has changed a lot in recent years, and we don’t expect that to stop any time soon. OVO Energy is changing too – we’re more than just an energy supplier, we’re leading the way in showing our customers the energy world of tomorrow. By creating innovative technology we’re helping customers manage their energy better, decrease their bills and drive their electric vehicles further – all whilst improving our planet for generations to come.
Data is the foundation of everything we do at OVO, and to deliver our vision we need curious, tenacious people who can turn this data, and their knowledge, into strategy and actions.
As part of the Customer Excellence team, you will be part of a group responsible for providing the best in-life experience for OVO members.
From digital to offline channels, they own the end-to-end customer journey, collaborating with teams across the business to make sure OVO’s comms are brilliant, the app and web work aces, and that we’re inspiring the right actions from our members.
What will I be doing?
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and implement user friendly reports which support performance analysis & decision making
- Commercial modelling, creating cost/benefit analysis of proposed actions and outcomes based on a consistent value model.
- Design and deliver robust automated processes which ingest third party data for commercial or operational use
- Use your data skills to make data available to stakeholders who need it, and use these tasks as an opportunity to proactively identify use cases for self serve data access
- Devise processes and systems which allow for better self serve data access for stakeholders, leading to higher data management maturity and more opportunities for automation and innovation
- Work with the data science and finance teams to improve operational efficiency and quality, and / or features which delight our customers
- Promote ethical best practice in the way all data is used and processed, always ensuring compliance and security is placed first.
Is this the job for me?
This is a fantastic opportunity and will add real value to the business.
Essential skills and experience…
- 2-3 years in a similar data or analytical role.
- You will be experienced in core analysis technologies, with excellent SQL & Excel/Sheets skills
- Can confidently build and present meaningful data visualisations, in Excel/Sheets and ideally a dashboarding platform such as Tableau.
- Can interpret graphical representations of data and make recommendations.
- Statistical knowledge including sampling, significance, hypothesis testing and basic probability theory
- Highly numerate & analytical, able to delve into the detail but understand the strategic view
- Able to document and version control your work so others can pick it up and build on it
- Proven ability to engage productively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment where prioritisation is required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – able to articulate results clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders.
Ideally you will have…
- Education to degree level in a numeric, scientific or engineering discipline
- Experience in cloud data services, Google Cloud Platform (especially BigQuery), AWS, etc
- Experience programming for analytics such as in Python or R
- An understanding of basic programming principles such as names, types, lists, arrays, control flow, exceptions
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.