At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
The Bus Team is on a mission to Transport the public to a sustainable future by building an unbeatable product at an unbeatable price, whilst creating a compelling rider experience and empowering operators with a set of integrated services and technologies. The group are typically based remotely with prototype vehicles being built in Arrival’s Banbury facility and micro-factories due to emerge across the globe.
- Take delivery ownership of the Interior Systems by managing a prioritised backlog, assigning work packages to engineers and monitoring and reporting progress.
- Responsible for the delivery and launch of the interior system and subsystems ensuring to achieve strict cost, safety and weight targets.
- Manage, and maintain technical documentation like DVP and DFMEA, Component, and System Technical Specifications.
- Support testing, prototype build, and launch activities.
- Operate a robust process of task estimation, using appropriate processes and methodologies.
- Lead an empowered, high performing team. Support opportunities for individual’s development whilst identifying single points of failures within the group.
- Support recruitment of team members, calling on relevant subject matter experts to create a world class engineering team.
- Plan work for team members and resolve operational issues.
- Identify and interpret internal or external issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Solve complex problems by looking outside of the team or company to identify an appropriate resolution.
- Be able to work independently whilst seeking support and guidance as required.
- Support team members and maximise their enjoyment and performance.
- Be accountable for the output, results and quality of work of your team members.
- Set performance objectives and support growth and development of the team.
- Responsible for safe operation of the group with respect to completion of risk assessments and provision of appropriate tooling and equipment.
- Represent the team (both capacity and capability).
- Likely to be degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in running Agile teams. Potentially scrum certified.
- Knowledge of Automotive Interior Systems including Seating, HVAC and infotainment.
- Experience in leading a team and creating an atmosphere of trust and support.
- Good communication and able to describe the company’s objectives to team members.
- Experience in time and task management tools would be beneficial.
- Technical capability to cover roles of team members would be advantageous.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.