A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your Role and your Team:
Our HR team seeks an International HR Advisor / Associate to help scale and drive efficiencies across the people function with a strong focus in the US and UK. The International HR Advisor / Associate is responsible for ensuring centralized organizational effectiveness, global HR data management, operational excellence and continuous improvement, and in providing an outstanding customer self-service in collaboration with the People Business Partner and Center of Excellence (COE) teams.
You will also provide a seamless support service to the wider HR Team and provide full employee lifecycle support to various departments within Lilium. You will also be the first point of contact for general HR queries, ensuring that all customer queries and transactions are dealt with in an effective and timely manner and escalating to the HRBP when necessary.
As this is a newly created role, you will be based in our London office (once Covid allows) with the potential for some flexibility in line with our company policy.
Your Day to Day:
- Own and manage the HR experience to enable the ‘moments that matter’ during the employee lifecycle.
- Provide excellent customer service and act as the first point of contact for incoming inquiries related to all types of HR policies, programs and procedures. Utilize these queries to continuously improve Tier 0 information and drive increased self-service.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of UK/US policies, procedures, and regulations that are significant to the HR function and applicable to employment law, as well as provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 HR policy interpretation.
- Assist in the design and development of the US/UK HR Policies and employee handbooks.
- Provide HR support and knowledge to our international employees throughout their lifecycle (Onboarding, Transfers, Performance management, Leaves of absences, Offboarding).
- Support transformational/change projects from concept to delivery.
- Be an ambassador for the Workday platform.
- Own and champion administrative processes such as contract management, compliance support (e.g., Code of Conduct, Export Control).
- Provide exceptional and consistent customer experience to our employees in person and through our ticketing system.
- Support new employees relocating to UK and USA.
- Maintain the integrity of our employee data and process changes in our Workday systems.
- Enable the scaling of our HR team, automation, and digitising processes/experiences to be more efficient.
- Build a knowledge of internal tools to support and guide employees including internal sources of information.
- Lead projects that help us to be always one step ahead with our HR Services.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of UK & US labour law.
- International HR experience essential.
- Extensive experience in tax, social security, and employment law in US/UK
- Experience in international relocation, visa and work permit processes.
- Basic knowledge of payroll processes up to gross.
- Knowledge of Workday platform.
- Experience in maintaining employee data within a cloud HRIS.
- Excellent at interpreting available data and leveraging it to take decisions.
- Strong customer service mindset and great at building interpersonal relationships.
- Team player with excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, diligent and meticulous.
- Experience working in a fast-paced international working environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Fluent English (German is nice to have).
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (including Excel).
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.