At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We are looking for an International Trade Compliance Specialist for R&D with experience working in an international company both importing and exporting items.
- Support Arrival’s R&D Team to ensure purchased goods are shipped from suppliers on time and in full to the relevant Arrival sites.
- Ensure goods are imported and exported in compliance with all current legislation in line with HMRC rules and regulations.
- Manage compliance with the relevant export licences
- Ensure that goods are shipped using the correct Incoterms
- Communicate regularly and report issues to the central trade compliance function
- Create, maintain or improve procedures that aid and advance the import and export processes
- Research, understand and summarise regulatory requirements associated with the international trade where our new factories are launching and going live.
- Manage the international logistics accounts and co-ordinate shipping requirements with chosen logistics companies and customs brokers
- Monitor Logistics Suppliers performance in line with current contracts.
- Manage NCR’s (Non-Conformance Reports) generated concerning logistics and shipping
- The creation and review of all necessary shipping documentation for UK and international export, ensuring compliance with HMRC Rules and Regulations including export licensing end user statements.
- Review Import Deferment Accounts; C88 Documents.
- Liaise with Chamber of Commerce in creating specific international trade documents and statements such as EUR1’s, ATR’s and Certificates of Origin.
- Problem resolution and effective communication to internal stakeholders.
- Develop Logistics Team’s knowledge of import/ export requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Training and coaching skills
- Strong team-working skills
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail ensuring regulatory documents are maintained correctly
- Extensive import and export experience
- Knowledge of the process for exporting controlled shipments
- Experience of managing logistics accounts
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.