To apply for this job please visit resonance.peoplehr.net.
Resonance is a social impact investment company with 17 years experience of working with social enterprises throughout the UK. We have expertise in property, community-led projects, homelessness, education, health, social care and criminal justice. We also create and manage impact investment funds and currently have over £210m under management. If successful you will join a team who currently work from offices in Bristol, Launceston, Birmingham, London & Manchester.
Job Title: Investment Assistant (Property)
Contract: Full time
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 per annum, company pension scheme, flexible working arrangements and 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
Hours: 5 Days, Monday to Friday. 37.5 hours per week
Responsible to: Senior Acquisitions Manager
Direct Supervisory Responsibility for:
Indirect Supervisory Responsibility for:
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can really make a difference to help shape a better way of life for people? If so, this could be the job for you..
Here’s why we need you (purpose)
As part of the Property team, you will help us to benefit vulnerable people across the UK by playing a key role in finding suitable investment properties for Resonance to purchase.
As well as bringing boundless energy to the role, you’ll have the ambition to want to learn how our business works, understand our passion and purpose and use your drive and creativity to achieve this.
You’ll be working across the business, reporting to the Senior Acquisitions Manager, with multiple tasks, all of which will keep you on your toes. This key role is important to our future success.
Here’s what you’ll do for us (responsibilities)
- Identify properties for purchase
- Create good relationships with our charity partners, estate agents, developers and other property suppliers
- Find creative ways to identify potential properties to buy
- Use the Resonance IT systems to record these properties and the reasons why we should buy them
- Arrange viewings and coordinate viewing schedules for colleagues
- Ensure all IT records are updated and accurate at all times
- Meet agreed viewing targets
- Undertake ad-hoc research, produce reports and statistics relating to the property market
- Identify and outline new processes and support in their introduction
Here’s what we will do for you (benefits)
As well as working for an innovative, growing business with lots of variety and opportunity we offer a competitive remuneration package, a flexible working environment and a committed team to become part of. The role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a business that is pioneering and changing the face of investments in the UK.
How you’ll be successful (measures)
- You will help us meet our team targets and organsiational goals
- You’ll be resilient, maintaining motivation and focus despite setbacks
- You’ll build a reputation for having strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- You’ll own actions and help and assist stakeholders to make sure that deadlines are met and “right first time”.
Who you’ll be working with (internal & external)
Head of Property Funds, Senior Acquisitions Manager, Property Acquisitions Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Our Charity Partners and Estate Agents
What we want you to bring to us (skills & experience)
- Ability to understand and accept a challenge and then to find a practical solution
- You will need to enjoy learning and taking on new responsibilities
- We want someone who is organised and confident whilst being approachable and personable
- Able to work in a very fast paced and high-volume property acquisition process
- Well educated, articulate and numerate
- Competent IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office and web-based tools. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must and you should also be comfortable in learning new tools quickly
- A tenacious approach to getting things done, despite obstacles
- Outstanding levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- You will need to thrive within a small but expanding team
- Professional and enthusiastic representative of the company
- Fully subscribes to Resonance’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Enjoy rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in – do whatever it takes to get the job done
What it feels like to work here (environment)
Resonance is a growing company, so you’ll need to enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment with a very friendly and supportive team. This role needs you to work with colleagues across the business and at various locations in the UK, so you must be comfortable with some travel.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please send us your CV with a covering letter to tell us:
- Why you would like to work for Resonance?
- How you think you could make a difference?
- What will you bring to the team?
We look forward to hearing from you.