To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced IT Network Engineer based near our Kings Langley (Beaufort Court) office.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
Job Purpose/Summary Details
You will be a key source of knowledge and influence within your technology domain, with the ability to propose and implement changes and with direct access to decision makers within RES for larger proposals requiring funding or architectural approval. You operate within a team that has direct responsibility for the IT in the UK&I, Germany, Nordics and Australia and as part of a global IT team that also impacts our Americas operations.
RES has a hybrid working policy with an on-site presence is encouraged during standard office hours at least 60% of the time and with occasional out of hours work as and when required. There is a level of potential expected travel to locations in the UK&I and potentially Europe as part of this role.
The infrastructure and operations team within Group IT oversees the availability and performance of cloud, wide area and local networking services, enterprise voice and wi-fi in our office locations and works with colleagues in operations to provide secure and performant network and edge services to construction sites and operational wind, solar and storage assets.
What will I do?
You will report to the Technical Operations Manager and your day will involve diagnosis and resolution of resolution of incidents as they arise and fulfilment of business requests for new or changed network configurations. You will recommend improvements in technology and service and provide creative solution designs and hands-on delivery for project activities. Engaging with teams from the business, application and security teams in IT, and working with your colleagues in US, France and Australia, you will work with vendors at the top of their field including Cisco, Fortinet, Dell, Microsoft (incl. Azure) and SonicWall.
You will work with technologies that require expert contribution to assess the impact of incidents on systems and come up with improvement plans. You will engage and work with other teams and management to optimise the value and performance of the RES networking infrastructure. Observing the RES values of collaboration and excellence you will update users, peers and management effectively, publish documentation to enable full team understanding and support, build processes and standards and contribute to the RES Knowledge Base – adding value every day.
On a technical level you will manage many operational and project responsibilities including the following:
- Engage with projects to design and implement the networks, LAN, WAN, SDN, SAN, Firewalls, video conferencing, VOIP and Access devices (switches and wireless)
- Perform upgrades and patch management taking into consideration outages and security by following change control process.
- Monitor the network platform ensuring availability and good performance.
- Familiarity with the setup up of switches (Cisco Meraki, HP, Brocade for SANs), IPSec and SSL VPNs on Firewalls (Fortigate, Dell, SonicWall) for both on-premise and Cloud environments.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies such as VMware vSwitch, SDN’s
- Experience of Azure networking components
- Exposure to power shell scripting
- Experience with SCADA industrial networking
- Understanding of Active Directory environments and related M365 services
- Experience with enterprise collaboration and voice/UC services (incl. MS Teams)
- Support mobile device management solutions (incl. Airwatch, InTune)
- Familiarity with ITIL or related service delivery frameworks
- Incident and problem resolution
- Impact mitigation
- Change implementation
- Familiarity with common management platforms for service and configuration management and enterprise monitoring.
- IT related degree or equivalent
- Professional qualifications; CCNA, CCNP or higher, AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a Service Management role
- Ability to work with people in a customer-facing role
- Excellent customer service and quality management skills
- Logical problem-solving skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise multifaceted workload
- Curiosity and a desire to resolve technical problems
- Driving license
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.