Working at Limejump
Limejump is an award-winning energy tech company, connecting customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work to revolutionise the UK energy industry.
We are an ambitious company, looking to change the way businesses and consumers interact with their electricity. Following our acquisition by Shell New Energies in 2019, we are looking for talented individuals to support exponential growth against our sustainable goals. This is an exciting opportunity to join an independently operating, fully owned subsidiary of a globally established energy company and to become instrumental in challenging and changing the smart grid space. Our culture is shaped by individuals who want to make a difference every day and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Limejump is looking for our next passionate support engineer to provide ground-breaking work within the team that sits in the heart of our business. You will play a key operating role and your scope will include identifying issues on a day-to-day operation, solving them where possible and generating meaningful reports for the rest of the team to pick up where more work is required.
You will interact with end users on a day-to-day basis with BAU tasks as well as undertaking longer term projects to build out future goals whilst incorporating automation. Triaging service desk tickets and prioritising workloads to support the business needs. Long term projects will include tasks such as improving logging and auditing, refreshing, and maintaining up to date access controls through the company and application migrations / consolidations.
This role presents an unbeatable opportunity for a technically minded individual who has a demonstrated passion for SysOps and for Limejump’s company mission. You will in this position report directly into the IT Manager.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Be a team player who is proactive and curious to learn more.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills.
- Able to create and follow technical documentation, and processes.
- Managing and planning software changes / migrations and end users’ expectations.
- Experience using Dropbox admin, Google SSO Authentication and G Suite / Google workspace.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix (mainly Debian / Red Hat based), Windows and MacOS.
- General IT trouble shooting and Office 365 Support and deployment
- Experience on IT support (configuring Windows/Linux/macOS), light networking, printers, etc.
- Software and Hardware Inventory management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with automation.
- Corporate IT support / strategies.
- Google GAM [Google Apps Manager] CLI.
- Lenovo laptop hardware familiarity.
- Remote Management tools.
- Knowledge of InfoSec concepts and AWS.
- Scripting background experience.
Why you would love working at Limejump:
- Flexible working options and 25 daysannual leave (+ a day off for your birthday!).
- An Innovation Card loaded with your learning budget and 10%time to learn at work.
- Private Medical Insurance with Axa PPP. Cover has £0 excess per year for employee only. Option to also include family and/or partner via payroll deductions.
- A subsidised onsite gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme.
- Regular team social events, summer and Christmas parties.
- Shared Lunch n’ Learns sessions and skill sharing opportunities.
- Fair pay and performance practices, including a transparent bonus structure.
- A friendly plant-filled office with regular fruit delivery and fresh roasted local coffee (+many more tasty treats/drinks).
- A holistic Employee Assistance programme, offering free phone and/or face-to-face counselling and an excellent discount programme.
Note: All applicants must have a current right to work in the UK without a work permit. Limejump cannot sponsor employment visas for this role. Limejump’s office is located in Kennington, London.
Due to current restrictions with COVID-19 all colleagues are working remotely and will not be returning back into the office until safe to do so.
Limejump values equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.