We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers’ feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our technology team as we expand internationally. At Spin, we believe excellent technology support is vital to creating a world class employee experience. You’ll have a major impact on how Spin employees use and understand technology. You’ll have direct ownership of procuring technology assets for Europe and supporting a fast growing company globally. Once established, you’ll be entrusted as a subject matter expert (SME) in several tools or services which will expand your own expertise and allow you to become a major asset for our growing knowledge base. This role reports directly to the Global Technology Lead.
- Excellent communication skills: This role is all about your ability to break down complex technical ideas into simple concepts anyone can understand. Whether answering an email or contributing to project planning sessions you must be able to convey needs and solutions appropriately.
- Expert in technology troubleshooting: Our ideal candidate will feel comfortable addressing any technical issue and when unsure has an “I don’t know, let’s find out together” mentality.
- Skilled in managing IT inventory / assets: You may be responsible for hundreds of devices in your region and need to know the status of them at any given time.
- IT Administration: You’ll require confidence in the administration of Software as a Service (Saas) products and various cloud platforms.
- Business acumen: This role will touch many key components of Spin’s business and our candidate should feel comfortable navigating these business systems judiciously.
- Self Motivated: You’ll be in a different timezone and region to much of the company and therefore be required to accomplish key objectives with nominal guidance. You’ll therefore need to be self sufficient in discovering solutions and resources.
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise level IT support.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent on-the-job experience in a related field.
- Experience in Startups or similar fast moving industries.
- Customer support background.
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Google IT Support Professional Certificate, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT), Okta Certified Professional, JAMF 100-400, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification, or equivalent knowledge.