To apply for this job please visit careers.ovo.com.
Shifts within core business hours 08:00 – 18:00 Monday – Friday which may be extended to support business demand.
Shift rotation to include Saturday and Sunday may also be applicable.
Click here for an update from the Talent Acquisition team on how we are hiring during Covid19
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
CORGI HomePlan’s Incredible Growth
We are a successful Insurance company, aiming to become a leading InsurTech for energy insurance and installation of carbon saving products. In our 10 years of existence, we acquired 180,000 customers and are continuing to grow! We challenge the status quo and strive to provide better quality and pricing of home plan cover to consumers across the UK.
In 2017, CORGI HomePlan became part of the OVO family and began an exciting new journey with lots of opportunities. We are very ambitious – and we grow by innovating! The potential is huge: we can provide brilliant products and services to OVO’s 5-million customer base.
We believe in simplicity, transparency and treating people and the planet fairly. But we also believe that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so that’s why we empower our people and always offer them the chance to share in our success.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working and what will I be doing?
You will be working in the Enterprise Tech Support team, supporting the OVO Group, as it continues to grow and disrupt the energy tech market. The role is “IT Support Specialist”, a key role in unblocking problems for our team and providing a world class, frictionless Tech environment.
- Provide 2nd & 3rd line support for all IT related issues during OVO’s support hours
- Support and maintain IT infrastructure
- Prioritise support tickets based on business impact and urgency, making full use of the team’s support portal
- Administering and supporting key business critical applications adhering to OVO’s starter and leaver process and IT Information Security Policy
- Work towards operational Service Levels ensuring response and resolution times meet Service Standards set by OVO Group
- Proactive identification of recurring faults, and ensuring a complete resolution is put in place to prevent further incidents, following the Problem management process
- Follow IT support processes; Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration management; logging tickets correctly, meeting agreed SLAs and ensuring an exceptional level of support is provided
- Manage OVO’s IT assets and be responsible for configuration management
- Work with suppliers to deliver problem resolutions in line with agreed plan and priority
- Work with all parts of the enterprise team to ensure OVO receive “a best in class” level of support
- Support in the rollout of IT projects across OVO Group
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
Ideally you will have…
- Experience of working as an IT support analyst/specialist within a dynamic environment
- Service Management/Helpdesk software knowledge
- Experience supporting MacBook hardware as well as macOS and Linux operating systems
- Experience with Windows server OS and VMware
- The ability to time manage and prioritise workload effectively
- Excellent configuration/troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills
- We are a very busy team so you need to be dynamic in your thought process and demonstrate initiative
- The aptitude to go that extra mile for your customer
- Understanding of technical interdependencies between the “end user” device and the underpinning infrastructure
- Good knowledge of “end user” and desktop hardware computing including Google, Microsoft, Contact Centre and CRM applications
- Good knowledge and experience of Infrastructure both data and voice technologies (MPLS, VLAN, VPN, Terminal Services, Firewalls, SIP, VMware, remote hosting,)
- Good knowledge and experience of file and print technologies, OS build and deployment, Active Directory, Group Policy and Windows technologies
- Experience with IP Telephony/VOIP services
- ITIL and Service Management knowledge
- Experience/knowledge of Agile methodology
From us you’ll get*
- Competitive pay + a great bonus scheme
- 4% flexible benefits on top of your base salary
- 5% matched pension
- 34 days annual leave
- A real commitment to your training and development
- & lots more!
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.