Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
A role within customer operations at Octopus Energy is a chance to join an exciting scale-up business within the energy supply sector – one that’s at the forefront of changing the landscape of the energy industry. A job with us offers you the chance to contribute to building world class operations that will catapult you into a fantastic career.
We know having a diverse & open culture fosters success and drives innovation. We’re looking for Energy Specialists to join our UK based team to support our Japan based team as they start to grow. There may be an opportunity to travel.
What you’ll do…
– Talk to customers over the phone or via email, engaging with industry stakeholders, and highlighting inefficiencies all form part of the day to day role.
– Working in Operations, you’ll be at the heart of everything we do – working with customers.
– Taking full responsibility for all issues that you come across, you’ll be delivering end to end customer service. Gone are the days of customers getting stuck in a never ending loop of being transferred between departments, you’ll be fully trained in every aspect of the customer experience and be able to help with any problem.
– Every day, we come across problems not seen before, and those in Operations are tasked with bringing about awesome solutions while keeping up with rapid fire change as we grow. Expect the unexpected.
The types of people we would love to hear from are those that are…
– Bilingual – Japanese/English. We’re at the beginning of our very exciting journey in Japan, so we’ll need an operations team who are confident in both languages.
– Excited to help customers – Customers are at the centre of everything we do. From the CEO to our Data Scientists, everyone across the business deals with customers. In Operations, we’re at the forefront and the main point of call for all our customers and it will be your main responsibility to go to the ends of the earth to keep our customers impressed and excited about Octopus Energy being their energy supplier.
– Open minded – We’re a rapidly growing company, which means sometimes things go wrong, and we don’t shy away from this. We take everything as a learning curve and expect you to as well, being proactive in spotting weak areas and suggesting solutions and improvements to the customer’s experience.
– Approachable – Everything we do in operations, and across Octopus, is built around teamwork. People in our teams are always there to support and help each other and we expect everyone to be a team player.
– Inclusive – We are looking to continue building our wonderful, inclusive culture full of enthusiastic, unique and diverse people from all backgrounds as we grow and continue to change the industry.
– Dedicated to sustainability – As a renewable energy supplier, those who are a part of our team are also deeply committed to helping in any way they can in their own lives in the fight against climate change and making a positive impact for the future.
– Committed to improvement – Our energy specialists are the main point of call for our customers and their input hugely shapes the customer journey. We are looking for people who will actively looking for ways in which we can improve the customer experience and not be afraid to speak up.A strong work ethic – A role in operations is very fast paced and can be challenging at times. We’re looking for people who can deal with challenging situations and who are responsible for their own future by working extremely hard to achieve their goals.
Getting to this point would not have been possible without the commitment and hard work of everyone in the team. Every Friday afternoon we have ‘Family Dinner’, where all our teams connect through a video link with snacks and drinks for updates from the week and to recognise achievements across the teams. We are growing very quickly and enjoy celebrating our hard-earned milestones, so don’t be surprised if we have a little celebration here and there (sometimes with bouncy castles full of cuddly Octopuses), like when we reached half a million customers.
If this opportunity sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
More about us
Octopus Energy Group is an energy tech company. We use technology to make green electrons cheap and revolutionise customer experiences.
Octopus Energy already supplies over 2 million homes with cheap green power in the UK, with operations in Germany, Australia and the USA, and launches planned for Japan and New Zealand. By the time you’ve applied, this list may be longer.
As well as all that, Octopus Energy for Business supplies green energy to over 20,000 companies, Octopus Electric Vehicles helps make clean transport cheaper and easier, Octopus Energy Services brings smart products into thousands of homes, and Octopus Centre for Net Zero is a multi-disciplinary research organisation helping Governments and industry reach net zero sooner.
Octopus Energy Group’s tech arm, Kraken Technologies, enables our innovation. They have created our API driven in-house technology platform, built from the ground up around the customer. It powers the outstanding service, efficiency and smart products we’re using to accelerate the world’s transition to a decentralised, decarbonised energy system.
The Kraken tech platform has been licensed to support over 17 million accounts worldwide, through deals with Good Energy,E.ON, Hanwha and Origin Energy – we’ve raised over £500 million to continue on our mission globally.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.