We’re looking for a brilliantly odd individual to join our scaling Technology team and help us drive improvements and efficiencies to Oddbox’s data visualisation and reporting capabilities, while identifying opportunities to showcase our data in new and engaging ways across the business.
You’ll have a problem solving attitude and be able to check and test relevant work as well as the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required.
You’ll be driven to learn and happy to challenge our processes and approach in a resourceful and mindful way, supporting our teams and their evolving data needs.
- Develop a complete knowledge of all data sources and maintain a strong relationship with the wider data function, in order to provide them with the reporting and support they need.
- Democratise insights providing growing numbers of users with the appropriate information.
- Establish best practices for reporting and data visualisation, so that data can be easily interpreted and utilised to inform strategic decisions.
- Support members of the business in dashboard best practice.
- Adopt a continuous learning approach to BI development and reporting techniques, keeping up to date with the latest thinking and practices
- Influence the approaches to using data across the business, focusing on self-service BI. Driving a data-led culture and providing advice, support and recommendations on how data can improve business initiatives.
- Be prepared to challenge the status quo and develop creative solutions to technical problems.
- Develop interesting and innovative data presentation techniques and identify opportunities to improve existing reports.
- Contributing to the creation of complex data sources and reports, to provide concise and meaningful insight to the business.
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced dashboarding capabilities in Looker or similar BI platform
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and techniques.
- An understanding of data warehousing principles, such as dimensional data modelling, data pipelines & dataOps.
- A methodical, analytical and logical thinker, with the ability to see the bigger picture and get to the underlying business questions and challenges that need answering.
- Well organised, with the ability to plan and structure workload, collaboratively delivering to deadlines.
- High levels of technical and situational awareness within fast-growth Ecommerce.
- Commercial BI engineering experience
- Commercial data analysis experience
- Experience implementing and continually improving integrated BI platforms
- You have worked in D2C Ecommerce.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in mission-driven businesses with a strong cause and commitment to the customer community.
- Experience in a supply-chain business or closely related startup/scaleup.
- General programming experience (we primarily use python)
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration of role – permanent / full-time
- Location – We’re currently all working from home a bit more than usual but in the future you’ll also be able to spend time in our office in Vauxhall, Distribution Centre in South West London and visiting other trading partners where necessary.