To apply for this job please visit www.enhabit.uk.com.
Introduction to the role
To support our growth we are recruiting for a Building Physics Consultant. This role will support our Building Physics and Building Services department with capacity to deliver technical consultancy for whole house retrofit, Passivhaus and low carbon building projects. The role will be predominantly desk based, but there will be opportunity to attend client and/or site meetings depending on the project.
Key features of the role include:
- Undertaking Building Physics modelling for a wide range of projects, from heritage buildings to new large scale commercial.
- Liaising with architects and clients through sales and delivery
- Research and training
- Operating with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, once familiar with the role
- Supporting and developing colleagues to foster an environment of support and shared learning
Enhabit and Green Building Store are purpose-led companies with a strong ethical and environmental ethos. Tackling the impact of buildings and construction on the climate and ecological crises lies at the heart of our business activities. Enhabit is a consultancy that uses low energy design to transform uncomfortable and wasteful buildings into comfortable and controllable living spaces. Green Building Store offers products and support for Passivhaus and low energy buildings. Both companies have extensive experience of working on low energy homes and buildings and combine technical expertise with outstanding personal service and aftercare. Together we are working to make low energy building simpler and easier, and to offer our customers a ‘whole house’ service.
You can find out more about the merger, and what we do, on our websites:
You will need to demonstrate these in your application, either through your CV or cover letter, in order to be shortlisted for interview
- Familiar with PHPP and/or SAP modelling tools
- Familiar with Part L Building Regulations requirements and relevant British Standards and Guidance such as BS5250, CIBSE TM52/59
- Detail-oriented and strong communication skills
- A passion for low energy building design and implementation
- A sound understanding of Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- Excellent communications skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstratable experience of collaborative working
- Empathy with our environmental ethos and objectives
We will look favourably on candidates that are able to demonstrate these requirements, but they are not essential:
- A degree in an engineering or physics discipline
- At least 2 year’s experience in the construction industry
- Certified European Passivhaus Consultant (CEPH)
- Retrofit Coordinator or Carbonlite Retrofit qualifications
- Experience of stock modelling analysis, whole life costing analysis or whole life carbon analysis
We also place a high value on diversity and will therefore consider improving the diversity of our team in our assessment of candidates.
Working at Green Building Store and Enhabit
Green Building Store and Enhabit are innovative, ethical companies with a friendly and creative working environment and a supportive team ethos. We have high levels of commitment and motivation and expect this from anybody joining the business. We pride ourselves on top quality products and services alongside great customer care. All staff are made to feel included and discrimination is not tolerated. We are also committed to improving our diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are primarily looking for people that share our energy, passion, and enthusiasm for the environment and averting the climate crisis.
Our Huddersfield office is located in peaceful rural surroundings with free parking, reasonable transport links and a strong cycling culture. Our London office has a central location close to public transport and everything the city has to offer. We have a team in Norwich who are currently setting up a new office. We also have to opportunity to provide a desk space at another of our sister companies ‘Bright Green Renewables’, who are based in Daventry.
Some of the key benefits our staff enjoy include:
- Learning from our team and being part of our exciting growth plans
- Training and development tailored to suit your professional development needs
- Making a positive and proactive contribution to addressing the climate and ecological impact of building
- Annual paid holiday entitlement of 33 days including bank holidays, with the option of swapping a week’s pay for an extra week of holiday
- Flexibility to work from home and the office; the successful candidate must be able to visit the office twice a week
How To Apply
Please apply via our Indeed account or send your CV, cover letter and responses to the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job role in the subject header. In your cover letter we would like you to explain why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience relate to the job specification. Please consider in this:
- What it is about our business that made you want to apply?
- The biggest actions you have you taken in your personal life to minimise your environmental impact.
- How many years of experience do you have relevant to the role?
All applications will be acknowledged, so please e-mail us to check if no response is received after 3 weeks.