the We are changing things. We’re So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We’re the leading energy supplier for customer service. We’ve won a host of awards too; including The Sunday Times Fast Track 100. Over the next 12 months, we are evolving into much more than just a utility provider and you could be a part of it.
We are moving from producing several ad-hoc reports based on SQL queries to building a platform in GCP. It will be based on a data warehouse in Google Cloud Platform and with Power BI and Looker on top to provide the equivalent to a report as a service kind of functionalities.
We are looking for someone who has experience building analytics platform with tens of different source of data, someone that can leverage modern tools and programming languages to build ETL pipelines and extract intelligence out of the data.
Our users (external but also internal) are extremely important to us. Understanding how their experience is throughout the various touchpoints is very important. Being able to apply data intelligence best practices to be able to understand and later forecast behaviour and trends is the main objective.
- As a Data Engineer at SoEnergy, you will be responsible for building the ETL data pipelines
- Strong familiarity and experience with ingestion, streaming and batch processing, data infrastructure design and data analytics
- Experience running and supporting production of enterprise data platforms
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Candidates must have some GCP knowledge and hands-on experience in Data Engineering space.
- Build real-time & batch data processing pipelines to publish the data in GCP to match the evolving needs of the product and business
- Providing technical support to internal teams within the organisation, and to external when required.
- Coding elegant strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable
- Producing clear concise documentation where required.
- Working closely with the Lead Data Engineer to apply the data strategy, ratifying before creating any ETL pipelines.
- Pro-actively implementing solutions to understand better how internal and external users perform
- Work closely with internal business teams gathering data requirements; translating them to technical artefacts and mapping them to Google Platform.
- Hands on experience using Google Dataflow, GCS, cloud functions, BigQuery, DataProc, Apache Beam (Python) in designing data transformation rules for batch and data streaming
- Experience in implementing Data & Analytics applications in Google Cloud Platform
- Help to delivery GCP data development projects (including development/coding, testing and deployment into Production)
- Provision data for analytics, data science and machine learning purposes.
- Expertise in the designing of data solutions for BigQuery
- Expertise in logical and physical data modelling
- Solid Python programming skills and using apache beam (Python).
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and using pipeline tooling
- Good communication skills, including the ability to translate technical descriptions into something that can be understood by a non-technical business-facing team member
- Remote working 2 days a week (We’re currently 100% remote due to Covid-19 restrictions)
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an extra day for your birthday!
- Ongoing training and development
- Cycle to work
- Season Ticket Loan
- An opportunity to work in a fast-changing changing industry for a leading disruptor in the field who is changing the face of the energy industry
- Work in leafy Chiswick, with free breakfast, monthly drinks and a stunning new office space
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.#
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.