To apply for this job please visit www.tokamakenergy.co.uk.
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
We are looking for a Junior IT Support Engineer, you will be working in a small team providing support to internal users, ensuring that SLAs are achieved, and the helpdesk function runs smoothly; this role would suit a semi experienced individual who has a passion for IT and is now looking to find a role where they can expand on their knowledge and work in a position where they can learn from more experienced engineers.
On a day to day basis you will provide internal IT Support across multiple locations. You will be given the opportunity to solve and troubleshoot issues but if unsuccessful in fixing the issue, you will escalate to a senior engineer where necessary. You will own and manage the set up and configuration of new equipment, installing authorised software onto laptops and desktops. You’ll also assist with IT Projects and the Systems Administrator with infrastructure work. The position is extremely varied, and you will learn an incredible amount.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Work helpdesk issues. Specific responsibility for 1st line queue, escalate & resolve issues within agreed SLAs
- Documentation of new and ongoing processes.
- Create user accounts and configure hardware for all new hires/replacements
- Assist in roll out of new hardware/software
- Assist were necessary with any IT led corporate initiatives
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Support team members with day to day tasks
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties
This job includes the following hazards or safety-critical activities:
- Working at height (ladders)
- Night working (11pm-6am)
- Work in hot or cold environments
- Regular manual handling
- Working with or in the vicinity of equipment that produces high magnetic fields
- Excellent customer service supported through excellent communication skills and a real willingness to help and solve problems.
- Ambition to develop with a thirst for knowledge
- Basic desktop troubleshooting including connectivity, printer, login and local computer problems
- Windows and Office 365
- Technical support experience of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Basic PC hardware, printer, scanners, and mobile device troubleshooting desired
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical colleagues both written and verbal.
- Essential to demonstrate excellent problem management skills.
- Be capable of moving desktop computer equipment.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.