ClimateCare, Oxford, UK
ClimateCare is dedicated to tackling climate change and improving lives. We aim to make our world a climate neutral one – where everyone takes full responsibility for their carbon footprint.
We help organisations take responsibility for their climate impact by financing, developing, and managing carbon reduction projects across the world. Based in Oxford and Nairobi, ClimateCare helped create the voluntary carbon market and pioneered carbon finance for community development projects. We deliver some of the largest carbon offsetting programmes in the world.
Leading organisations and governments trust us to solve complex climate and sustainability issues. With us by their side, they can be confident on their journey to Net Zero.
As an award-winning profit with purpose Certified B Corporation, we’re recognised as setting the highest standards. Values and integrity are at the heart of all we do – just as they have been since we were founded in 1997. These values are underpinned by strong environmental credentials, a commercial focus on risk management and a proud record of delivering outstanding results for our clients.
ClimateCare is looking for an outstanding individual to join and help lead the Client Services Team.
We are a team built to nurture and grow our existing corporate partner relationships, many of which have worked with us for a decade or more. We’re focused on designing and delivering high-quality, innovative carbon offset programmes which maximise business value for our clients. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partners, supporting our clients as they raise the scale of their climate action and move towards a low-carbon world.
Reporting to the Head of Client Services, we’re looking for an ambitious individual to service and develop our existing client base.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the carbon markets and/or of providing Green House Gas (GHG) reporting and consulting services to the private sector. They will have a proven track record in key account management through successfully maintaining and growing key client accounts.
ClimateCare is in an exciting growth phase and we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow with us.
1. Deliver top quality key account management services
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Developing and nurture trust relationships with a portfolio of high profile clients to ensure they do not turn to competition
- Deliver on contractual obligations in a timely and effective way
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
2. Develop existing client business
- Prepare a clear annual plan for the development of key accounts to achieve agreed financial targets and ensure this is effectively implemented
- Take personal responsibility for the successful management and development of the ClimateCare’s top tier clients
- Act as a respected and trusted strategic advisor to clients
- Work with our business development team to input into proposals and ensure smooth transfer of new business opportunities across to client services
3. New business tendering
- Lead the process in developing proposals for new business with existing clients
- To ensure any new proposals are coordinated with Business development and Portfolio Management
4. Support colleagues within the Client Services team
- Ensure the Client Service team consistently meet high level of service in managing our over 150 clients as well as achieving the teams financial and impact targets
- Develop the skills and experience of the junior client team members and successfully integrate and train new members
- Significant Key Account Management experience
- A strong preference for experience in carbon markets. Alternatively, a background in sustainability or corporate social responsibility. A relevant degree or professional qualification is preferred, but not essential
- A strong commercial focus, with proven track record in successfully managing and expanding client accounts and delivering against ambitious financial targets
- Experience of managing multiple client accounts simultaneously – coordinating colleagues and ensuring delivery against agreed client activity plans
- The drive to build your career and play a key role in ClimateCare’s growth
- Strong influencing and communications skills
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills
- A passion for tackling climate change and achieving sustainable development and a personal commitment to our vision and values.
If you meet the person specification, please send us your CV and a cover letter (max 1 page) explaining why you want the role and how you meet the hiring criteria.
Use the subject line: ClimateCare Key Account Manager 2021 – [NAME]
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org