At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 37 million users in 15 countries saving more than 73 million meals from going to waste – that’s more than 180,000 tonnes of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Key Account Manager to join us in our London office.
You will play a pivotal role in the growth of Too Good To Go UK and the fight against food waste by using your experience in the Food To Go sector to develop and grow partnerships with prominent retailers in the food and beverage industry, focusing initially on popular high street coffee and bakery brands.
What we need / Your Role:
Your primary responsibility is to drive the growth and optimisation of existing Key Account partnerships, focusing on increasing our footprint (active stores) across all sites within a partner’s portfolio and saving more food from being wasted. You will support these accounts through their roll out, and continue to look for ways to strengthen and grow the relationship, building rapport with key stakeholders across their business, and across franchise networks. Where applicable, you’ll engage these groups with the Too Good To Go mission and aid further expansion. Reporting to the Key Account Lead responsible for the On The Go sector, you will collaborate closely with the Success team, in particular the Key Partner Manager, as well as colleagues across Key Accounts, Marketing and Independent Sales.
The role will include:
- Account Management of key chains: autonomy in managing your own portfolio of chains and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met
- Account Growth: developing strategies to grow your accounts and working with the retailer to increase store coverage and overall supply
- Account Health: working closely with a Key Partner Manager to identify poor performing stores and create action plans with HO to improve, as well as celebrating success and scaling successful processes
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals
- Embed the movement: as well as strengthening the relationship, you’ll work to embed the food waste movement in our key partners
- Research: independently search for new opportunities, learn about the businesses in depth, map the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process
- Ongoing business development: independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders or franchisees within your accounts network, where necessary creating and delivering high quality pitches
- Cross functional working: be the voice internally for your key partners, working with the Movement, Marketing and PR to ensure we’re maximising joint growth opportunities
- Contributing to the UK Key Account strategy and supporting international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
- Supporting roll outs: working with the team and the retailer to plan, schedule and execute store rollouts at scale
- 4 years or more of Account Management experience, demonstrating an ability to build rapport, establish trust and deepen relationships
- A proven track record of delivering business growth with existing accounts
- Solid commercial experience working in the On The Go food business sector. The candidate should have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of UK retail in this sector
- Excellent commercial acumen
- You’re a master communicator, you know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to engage a whole room and keep their attention
- Data Analysis and MS Excel skills to use raw data to create performance reports and projections to identify and understand trends, opportunities and issues.
- Ability to create and deliver impactful presentations, using data-driven insights to engage partners with their food waste mission
- A passion for the mission and raising awareness of food waste & sustainability
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 950 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.