Our ultimate goal is to ‘Fix the Food Chain’ -by building the best online grocery business possible. We think it’s vital that you know how you can help us do this from the very beginning. Our mission will only be delivered through living our core values and focusing on what we’re trying to deliver, on having great people, delivering a great business.
To introduce you to those early on, here is how you will help us do that:
By being kind…you exemplify the way you can run a kitchen with a positive mindset. Nurturing talent all around you and making sure you pass those skills onto the customer experience.
By being passionate…you have to be the biggest foodie around. You have to love everything about what we do.
By being transparent…we work with utmost transparency. You have to show your working to the team and get them on board with you.
By loving our customers…this role is all about doing great things for our customers. You have to want to excite our customers through brilliant Made by Farmdrop meals and Recipe Kits.
By being smart… constant analysis of our methods is crucial to this role. You have to assess our ways of working to ensure we are compliant but also profitable.
And by being better…these are special products. Made with products from our amazing suppliers, we can show the provenance on all our products which puts us leagues ahead of our competitors – we want to keep it that way.
Nuts and Bolts of the role
or apples and pears if you don’t mind the fruit analogy
Angie is our Strategic Projects Director. She is the ultimate foodie, obsessed with all things food – and wanting to share her discoveries with our customers. Originally from South Africa, she has spent a number of years in London originally in the banking world. She joined Farmdrop at the beginning of 2019 as Finance Manager and has worked her way into this amazing role.
Sam is our production manager, and looks after all goings on in the production kitchen. He has a team below him that will indirectly report into you.
We want our Made by Farmdrop range to be the best premade meals in the UK, along with our recipe kits beating every one of our competitors. As this range grows and has bigger market impact we will see this role growing into something huge.
Your closest working relationships (peas in a pod)
You will work closely with the kitchen team, along with working with the wider strategic projects team.
Grace is our amazing Project Manager who is on a mission to get us B-Corp certified and make sure we are living up to our green credentials. You will also work with our Deliveroo (On-Demand) team as they expand too. They are based from the same kitchen in Hackney Wick.
You will also work closely with our in house photographer and recipe developer.
What the day job will probably look like
- Managing the day to day operations of the production kitchen including line management of Sam, our production kitchen manager, and a team of 5 production chefs.
- Supervise, train, and schedule kitchen staff to provide consistently high quality food.
- New product development – working with our recipe developer to launch new MbFD products and new recipe kits as efficiently as possible.
- Quality control – MbFD and our recipe kits are positioned as premium products so every product that customers receive need to live up to this expectation.
- Set and improve policies and procedures, in particular maintaining full Health & Safety compliance. Owns the HACCP policy and maintains logs
- Ensuring that products and inventory are set up and managed correctly. Monitor and look to reduce waste.
- Handle daily operations like signing off payroll, getting to the root cause of any customer complaints, liaising with suppliers and partners.
- Process Improvement. You’re a smart problem solver, continually looking for ways we can optimise production and the use of the kitchen.
- A proven track record running a production kitchen or any bulk cooking kitchen
- Strong IT Skills
- You are organised and have the ability to plan, prioritise and organise your work.
- You are able to work autonomously and can initiate and manage projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and motivate the kitchen team.
- Financial awareness, commercial acumen and attention to detail.
- Superior, sustainable and 100% traceable ingredients are at the heart of both Made by Farmdrop and our Farmdrop Recipe Kits so we are looking for someone who is inspired by using seasonal ingredients from our network of small producers even if this can sometimes be more challenging.
- In addition to day to day production, we view the kitchen as a sort of laboratory to test out new strategic projects so are looking for someone who is up for trying new things.
- We envisage that MbFD and Recipe Kits will become a significant part of Farmdrop’s business over the medium term so are looking for someone who can help us scale.
Working hours: Typically Monday-Friday with occasional work over the weekend if required.
- A business with a conscience – we want everyone to have an amazing experience. From our suppliers, our customers and you
- Ability to influence and grow
- Fast working pace – we seem to have our own time zone ‘Farmdrop Time’ – we like to get things done nice and quickly – and exceptionally well.
- Great perks
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance (that comes with loads of perks)
- Monthly £25 allowance for you spending on your ‘Mind and Body’
- 20% discount on your Farmdrop shopping
- Time off for charity volunteering
- Season Ticket Loan (up to £5k)
- Enhanced family policies (Maternity + Paternity)
- Time off for green holiday travel – if you use the sea or train for your holidays, we will pay you two extra days holiday – we then pass that cost onto Mother Nature, but she thinks it’s worth the spend!
- Cycle to Work – usual scheme that most offer – but it’s a really great saving