Location: London, EC4A (currently remote working)
Accountable to: Senior Legal Advisor
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £34,000 – £39,000 (depending on experience)
Overall purpose of the role
- This role sits within our Investment Group but alongside our legal and compliance team with a focus on quality and effective compliance, ensuring our investments go through the regulatory screening process as part of new deal onboarding and refresh cycles.
The role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Customer Due Diligence (CDD)/Know your Customer (KYC) analyst who wants to use their skills to support Big Society Capital to achieve its mission to improve people’s lives in the UK.
The Compliance and Investment Administrator will have experience in CDD/KYC, preferably within a financial and/or professional services sectors or another regulated environment.
This will be a dynamic role working across Big Society Capital and with social investors . Key areas will include:
- Manage the CDD/KYC process for all new and portfolio investments in line with Big Society Capital’s regulatory requirements and Anti Money Laundering guidelines;
- Lead the collation, validation and compliance risk assessment for all investments which will involve proactively liaising with social investors, managing potentially sensitive client information, and using external sources such as Companies House and SmartSearch;
- Monitor and maintain CDD/KYC analysis and documentation for Big Society Capital’s portfolio investments including Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) screening, conducting refreshes periodically;
- Support continuous improvement of the CDD/KYC processes and awareness raising in the organisation.
We are a lean and nimble organisation, and the appointed Compliance and Investment Administrator is encouraged to ”own” the role and work closely with colleagues to shape our team and approach.
- Experience of regulatory compliance administration, particularly carrying out CDD/KYC processes including onboarding and periodic review of client documentation and AML, Sanctions & PEP screening;
- Experience in administrative support roles with a compliance element
- Experience of working in a varied role and managing a diverse workload, that at times has conflicting priorities, to ensure deadlines are met;
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team, and building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Good IT skills with some experience using Microsoft programmes (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Some experience of managing data and filing using a CRM system and physical document filing;
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Experience working in financial services and/or professional services sectors;
- An interest in social investment and/or the not for profit or public sectors.
Skills, abilities & attributes
- A quick learner with a hunger to grow and develop;
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills;
- Proactive and creative in your approach to work;
- Able to prioritise effectively and take ownership of tasks;
- Logical and thoughtful when dealing with change;
- Someone who thrives in a varied role;
- A confident and effective communicator;
- Flexible and willing to take on additional tasks to support the team;
- Someone who works with integrity and discretion.
At Big Society Capital, we want to foster a learning culture, where everyone has the opportunity to grow and develop new skills. As part of this role, we will develop together with you a development plan initially and annually thereafter comprised of in-role projects, and formal and informal learning opportunities. We are committed to giving Big Society Capital colleagues the support and autonomy needed to tailor their own development journeys that take into account their long-term ambitions and short to medium term needs within the role in a way that is engaging and stretching.
While every development journey looks different and needs to be personalised, below outlines some of the common training:
- Big Society Capital induction training course covering key topics relating to social investment and the broader sector;
- Weekly How We Invest training sessions covering key topics across the investment process and key investment knowledge;
- Statutory compliance training with our regulatory consultancy partner, CCL;
- In-depth induction to Big Society Capital’s compliance policies and processes from senior colleagues, and external training including on SmartSearch and an introductory CDD workshop with CCL.
Salary and terms of employment
- This is a permanent, full time role, open to flexible working;
- All applicants must have an existing Right to Work in the UK;
- Salary – £34,000 – £39,000 (depending on experience);
- Big Society Capital is committed to being a diverse organisation that is truly representative of the communities we serve. We are an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive environment where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential.