Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Zambia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, DR Congo, Vietnam and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s Escape 100.
We are looking for a full-time KYC Know Your Customer) Review Agent to help us assist Taptap Send customers in verifying their account. We need someone that is patient and attentive to details and will enjoy communicating with customers daily! You would work shifts and weekend coverage will be regularly needed.
- Manage the collection and maintenance of client’s KYC information by reviewing and authorising documentation sent by customers
- Maintaining and updating KYC processes on our customers’ account records and ensuring that they are accurate
- Issuing appropriate information and guidance to customers, via email or phone
- Efficiently taking care of general day-to-day ad-hoc queries regarding the KYC process
- Assist with any other ad-hoc reviews or projects that the KYC department is required to carry out
- Fluent in English and fluent or native French and German
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Call center experience (minimum 6 months)
- Willingness to work occasional weekend hours, as well as early and late shifts, on a rota basis
We hope you have
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Excitement about working on a small team and helping shape its culture as we grow
- Passion for mission-oriented work with significant impact on the world
- Spent time living/working in Africa/Asia
- Proficiency in Italian, Spanish, or Wolof is a plus
- 25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
- Regular team events
- Private health insurance
- Remote work (until covid-19 sanitary measures are lifted)
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. trainings, etc.)
- Employer pension contributions
- No formal dress code
- Behavioral health benefits
Taptap Values represent the core of who we are:
- Impact first.
- Team next.
- Accept reality, propose solutions.
- Win with grit.
- Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
- Love the particular.
- Own it.
- Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.