You rarely get the chance to change an industry. But that’s the position in which we find ourselves. Join us, and you’ll accelerate our research and make your contribution towards a more sustainable future! We are a young, quickly growing team coming from a wide variety of backgrounds. This is really a unique opportunity to work and grow in a multidisciplinary environment that you don’t want to miss.
Our mission at Multus is to create the key ingredient, the growth media, to make cultivated meat affordable and profitable. We are developing a system that allows the production of animal-free, food-grade growth media using our optimised proteins that can meet demand at a commercially viable price point.
Role & Responsibility
Our lab is the heart of our research and development. Your job is to work with our whole team to ensure that our research runs smoothly and safely. You will:
- Complete essential lab maintanance work to allow smooth day-to-day operations.
- Maintain stocks of regularly used laboratory reagents.
- Manage inventory, place orders.
- Coordinate the maintenance of equipment and lab facilities with the team.
- Establish and maintain health & safety procedures and implement paperwork as required.
- Assist in cell culture maintenance of various cell lines.
- Perform and assist with routine molecular biology experiments.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You have 3+ years of academic or industrial experience in lab management, experience from GLP or GMP environment. Experience from working under ISO9001 or ISO22001 is an advantage.
- You have years of hands-on experience in both cell culture and molecular biology.
- You are organised and systematic, you have used and created different SOPs.
- You believe in continuous improvement.
- You are personable, friendly and have a can-do attitude.
- You are a good communicator and are comfortable with simultaneous tasks.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and interdisciplinary environment.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible PTO with 25 paid holidays per year (on top of bank holidays).
- Opportunity to work in a quickly growing environment and exciting domain.
- Opportunity to get training and hands-on experience across a large variety of experimental methods and equipment, including but not limited to state-of-the-art lab management solutions and automation platforms.
- An inspiring team to work and grow with!
We aim to help the planet by unlocking the cultivated meat industry. Our culture may be casual but the work is serious. If you are excited to dedicate yourself to work on some of the most impactful solutions to the future of humanity, join us!
The applications are considered on a rolling basis, we are closing this role at the latest on 31 July 2021.
Multus Biotechnology Limited recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and Multus Biotechnology Limited retains the discretion to modify.