To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Job Title: Lead Green Bond Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Market Intelligence
Location: Working remotely until further notice
Closing Date: 31 October 2021
Hours: Full Time or Part Time (minimum 28hours/week)
Salary: NGO Competitive
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Our main work streams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
The Market Intelligence team is at the core of the Climate Bonds Initiative mission to mobilise global capital for climate action. The team operates globally, maintaining several green and sustainable finance databases, undertaking research and publishing reports of a range of topics related to sustainable finance. It also contributes market-related information and analysis to policy, market development and other Climate Bonds projects.
The ideal candidate will come in with a comprehensive skillset to successfully manage the world-leading Climate Bonds Green Bond Database and manage the green bond screening process underpinned by robust, science-based green definitions. Their work will be at the forefront of green finance and provide investors, issuers, policymakers and other key stakeholders with key analytical tools and insights on leveraging capital markets to solve the climate crisis and build resilient economies and societies.
We are looking for a candidate who is motivated and enthusiastic about green finance, with a can-do attitude and the ability to take initiative and think independently. Success in this role requires the ability to work across teams to manage data products and analysis in order to deliver high-quality data services to our partners and help build market transparency and credibility.
- To manage the rigorous green bond screening process underpinning the word-leading Climate Bonds Initiative Green Bond Database
- To oversee the screening work conducted by analysts and ensure the green bond analysis is implemented in a detailed, accurate, effective, and timely manner
- To lead the development of the green bond database screening methodology, in coordination with both internal and external stakeholders
- To identify green bond market trends to feed into new data product and/or feature development to facilitate Paris-aligned investment decisions and policy-making processes
- To support the engagement with data users/clients such as green bond index providers and asset managers on a regular basis
- To task manage analysts and interns
- To support the work of the Head of the Market Intelligence on other relevant tasks and projects as required
- Degree in a relevant subject(s)
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of environmental and climate change issues financed in the green bond market
- Knowledge of financial market development and financial instruments
- Proven ability to research and analyse large quantities of information across different datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Experience in project management
- Skills in using financial terminals such as Refinitiv Eikon
- Experience in working with a team with a multi-cultural background and across time zones
- Experience in client engagement
- Experience in managing junior colleagues
- Experience in fixed-income product research, structuring, rating, or investing
- Experience in working with investors and/or regulators
- CFA, or working towards the CFA designation
Opportunity to collaborative in global teams on stimulating projects that have a positive impact
Work with Thought Leaders and grow your career
Remote and flexible working
Family friendly and inclusive environment
Local benefits appropriate to your region e.g. carbon free pension options
25 days holiday