Highview Power is a small but growing global organisation who are leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future.
Our proprietary long duration, zero emissions energy storage system utilises cryogenic technology and surplus electricity; at times of low demand/low cost, to make liquid air which can be stored and later converted back into energy and released into the grid, at times of high demand/high cost.
This award-winning technology has been dubbed as “the missing link” to making Renewable Green Energy sources a more resilient, reliable and cost-effective option when compared with traditional fossil fuel alternatives.
Highview Power value their employees and are committed to creating a positive, inspiring and inclusive working environment.
About the Role
The Lead Power System Analyst will join our fast-growing team within a small but growing international organisation leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future. The Lead Power Systems Analyst will lead a team of analysts whilst developing and conducting computer modelling and analysis for transmission & distribution grids, system design studies, energy market studies, generation and load interconnection applications. The successful candidate will provide technical support to interconnection processes and be expected to review and sign off reports and studies from junior members of the team.
In return, Highview Power will provide the successful candidate with training and development opportunities, competitive salary and the chance to be a part of building a cleaner, greener, better future for everyone.
- Perform Steady-State, Short Circuit, Transient Stability, protective device coordination, electromagnetic transient (EMT) analyses, and arc flash studies
- Perform steady state and dynamic model of synchronous and inverter-based generators for power flow/stability analysis
- Create Voltage-Ride Through (VRT), Frequency Ride-Through (FRT) and reactive power requirements
- Use steady state and electromagnetic simulation tools like DigSILENT Power factory, PSCAD
- Prepare reports, drawings, and one-line diagrams (OLD)
- Process, generate and maintain data as required for other engineering-related studies
- Study alternative engineering solutions for project optimization
- Provide technical support on Executive Design (on the power systems area)
- Provide technical support during design, procurement, construction and commissioning
- Complete equipment selection and specification considering technical, commercial, operational, reliability and safety aspects
- Provide support for the marketing and sales team (pre- and post-) to develop and simulate various use cases in response to customer site specific requirements
- Perform other duties, as assigned (on the power systems area)
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of general tasks and duties, and that the job description may be subject to changes according to the requirements of the organisation. The job holder will be expected to complete all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
- BEng (Hons) degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or STEM Specialized in Energy Systems or Automation Systems
- Working towards Chartered Engineering Status (CEng)
- Significant power systems analysis experience or a combination of power systems analysis and electrical engineering experience gained from industry
- Experience with steady state and electromagnetic simulation tools such as DigSILENT Power factory, PSCAD or PSSE
- Experience of equipment selection and specification considering technical, commercial, operational, reliability and safety aspects
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Chartered Engineering Status (CEng)
- MEng degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or STEM Specialized in Energy Systems or Automation Systems
- Experience in the UK energy market specifically renewable energy, distributed generation or energy storage
- Protection systems and device coordination experience
- Experience of automation and control systems
- Expert proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD and Electrical Engineering software
- Knowledge of technical transmission and distribution systems including grid code, network connection management and project development
- Experience of integration studies
- Grid level energy storage experience including systems, trends, technologies and performance simulation (PVSyst or SAM)
- A passion for power system modelling and computational modelling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present data analysis and simulation results internally and to customer
- Genuine interest in the UK storage and energy market
- The chance to make a difference!
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrolment pension (after 3 months’ service)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Training & development opportunities