Highview Power is a small but growing global organisation who are leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future.
Our proprietary long duration, zero emissions energy storage system utilises cryogenic technology and surplus electricity; at times of low demand/low cost, to make liquid air which can be stored and later converted back into energy and released into the grid, at times of high demand/high cost.
This award-winning technology has been dubbed as “the missing link” to making Renewable Green Energy sources a more resilient, reliable and cost-effective option when compared with traditional fossil fuel alternatives.
Highview Power value their employees and are committed to creating a positive, inspiring and inclusive working environment.
About the Role
The Lead Process Engineer will lead a team of talented process engineers at a small but growing international organisation leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future. The Lead Process Engineer will primarily be responsible for the production and development of process engineering deliverables for a range of projects.
In return, Highview Power will provide the successful candidate with training and development opportunities, competitive salary and the chance to be a part of building a cleaner, greener, better future for everyone.
- Lead the process engineering team in the production of deliverables including heat and mass balances, line lists and cause & effect diagrams
- Lead process safety related activities by contributing to documents such as Basis of Safety and ESD Philosophy specifying project safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP and LOPA
- Size and specify turbomachinery, pumps, vessels, heat exchangers and valves
- Perform process modelling to identify and assess potential improvements to the process design
- Conduct research-based activities requiring high level analysis of energy storage technology and the energy market
- Check, approve and take ownership of technical drawings including P&IDs and PFDs
- Check, approve and take ownership of technical documentation including process descriptions, operating manuals, and equipment specifications
- Collaborate with vendors, internal discipline engineers and contractors to advance the process design
- Conduct site-based activities including commissioning, performance testing and process optimisation
- Regularly communicate progress with the wider engineering team and process team effectively and professionally
- Build strong working relationships, both internally and externally
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of general tasks and duties, and that the job description may be subject to changes according to the requirements of the organisation. The job holder will be expected to complete all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
- MEng Degree or equivalent qualification in Chemical Engineering
- Significant chemical/process engineering experience
- Experience of thermodynamics
- Process safety experience including safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP and LOPA
- Process modelling experience (Unisim, Aspen HYSYS, Aspen +, MATLAB, PRO/II etc.)
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Excel & Word
- Experience of preparing, comprehending and communicating engineering and technical documents
- IChemE Chartered Member
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Process plant commissioning and operating experience including performance testing
- Experience working on energy or energy storage projects
- Experience in industrial gases
- Proactive and motivated
- Genuine interest in the UK storage and energy market
- Logical thinker with the capability to quickly analyse a problem and deliver a practical solution
- Ability to pick up new concepts rapidly and work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- The chance to make a difference!
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrolment pension (after 3 months’ service)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Training & development opportunities