The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We are looking for a dynamic and talented person to join our Talent Acquisition team. The role of the Leadership Recruiter will work in tandem with our Head of Leadership Recruitment, and as part of a wider People team, responsible for supporting senior hiring across OVO.
In this role you will help deliver significant hires into OVO, building a diverse pipeline of talent which will help the business to achieve its zero carbon goals.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a professional Leadership Recruiter to own hiring projects, both proactive & reactive in nature, across a variety of different business areas. This will include Technology, Product, Data, Commercial, Brand & Marketing, People, Finance and many others.
The successful candidate will be able to find and attract first-rate talent and to ensure lasting and successful relationships are formed. OVO are committed to hiring diverse teams – and with a strong focus on finding the broadest possible pipeline of candidates, the work of this person is integral in making that happen.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owning and managing a portfolio of Exec-level hires across the OVO Group.
- Identifying and recruiting prospective candidates using a variety of channels.
- Providing the business with diverse and balanced candidate shortlists.
- Conducting confidential interviews for current and upcoming searches.
- Partnering with business leaders to get a clear view on their strategic and financial objectives and hiring needs.
- Devising and carrying out a targeted hiring strategy for attracting and retaining leadership talent.
- Defining and improving our EVP to leadership candidates, partnering with Talent Development and People Operations to ensure that the growth opportunities, culture and benefits on offer for candidates enable us to attract and retain top talent for OVO.
- Attend job fairs and organise events with the goal of increasing our leadership talent pool and elevating our EVP.
- Assessing candidates to ensure qualification match, cultural fit and compatibility.
- Presenting shortlisted candidates and provide detailed profile summaries.
- Offering guidance and facilitating the negotiation process through to its completion.
- Network and build long-lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and (internal and external) candidates.
- Research and recommend new sourcing tools and techniques for use in leadership searches.
- Maintain organised databases with candidates’ data (e.g. in our ATS).
- Measure source of hire and time-to-fill for each role, ensuring agency costs are minimised and quality of hire is high.
Is this the job for me?
Do you have?
- A proven background in Executive Search research techniques – to find and engage an outstanding and diverse pipeline.
- Experience of both the Search Firm and In-House settings.
- Excellent knowledge of market status, trends, best practices.
- Client focus along with excellent relationship building skills.
- Business acumen and market insight.
- Experience of market mapping.
- Proficiency in using applicant tracking systems (ATS), recruiting software and candidate databases.
- Strong knowledge of candidate selection methods.
- Previous experience with candidate sourcing tools and methods.
- Effective negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to build trust at all levels of the organisation.
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.