To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at over 350,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff wellbeing and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
Our Learning & Development Officer will continually strive to support the operation in delivering a best-in-industry customer experience through monitoring, analysis, and high-quality training opportunities. The jobholder will provide high quality training including on-boarding induction programmes, management training and developing existing employees with ad hoc learning initiatives.
Continually striving to develop a robust procedure that captures customer need and encourages agents to continue growing over time, will also be essential. You will deliver an industry-leading onboarding experience that engrosses new agents in the People’s Energy culture while preparing them to succeed as points of contact for customers. Design and deliver leadership and management development training that enables our managers to support agents through their development journey whilst learning and developing their own existing skills.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
- Deliver an excellent onboarding experience to new team members
- Design and deliver consistently high quality, up-to-date training sessions that effectively prepare our agents to handle all tasks required of them in their daily work
- Continuously gather feedback and seek opportunities to improve the onboarding process for all MST agents
- Monitoring quality of touchpoints across the customer journey
- Ensure quality of interaction and compliance by consistently monitoring touchpoints
- Work with stakeholders to identify knowledge gaps and areas of development within the teams
- Providing training and development to build team competencies across touchpoints
- Provide ongoing feedback to supervisors to act and improve agent performance
- Develop and design high-quality training materials and training plans that can be saved and easily replicated in future with minimal preparation
- Design and deliver engaging learning initiatives for managers to enable them to develop their team members to deliver positive business outcomes
- Actively support continuous improvement through the review, design and development of courses to support our blended learning approach
Able to adapt communication approach depending on the audience, able to respond to queries by providing detailed explanations. Experience of handling difficult conversations and communicating difficult or complex messages to customers.
Demonstrates a strong focus, and displays appropriate behaviours, in supporting your immediate team colleagues, as well as the wider operating teams to work collectively towards organisational goals and providing an excellent customer experience.
Organisation and Personal Management
Ability to manage own workload effectively to ensure targets are met and priorities are established. Proven ability to alter these priorities where required and effectively manage and communicate to management where SLAs have not been met.
Analysis and Problem Solving
Researches and analyses data to understand root cause issues, determines most appropriate solutions, and puts actions in place to resolve problems. Able to perform thorough analysis and investigation into an issue, understanding all areas of the problem and rather than focus on an immediate solution, considers a root cause fix which will stop the issue happening again in the future. Apply methodologies and logic to all areas of research to establish the most appropriate outcome.
Proven ability to adapt to changing demands and workloads to ensure the needs of the member and operation are met. Demonstrated ability to react in a positive manner to Operational changes and proactively consider where your strengths and experience can support these changes in practice, embedding these changes within the team.
Coaching and Training
Ability to coach individuals to help them achieve targets, develop their skills and behaviours and progress through their career. Able to identify training requirements to support individual development and build competencies within the team.
CIPD L&D Qualification or equivalent would be advantageous.
Previous experience of designing and delivering within Customer Service & Training is essential. Previous experience within energy sector is also preferred.
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.