The ABB FIA Formula E Championship is the world’s first fully-electric international single-seater racing series and one of the fastest growing sports on the planet. Consisting of some of the world’s finest drivers and greatest car manufacturers, the Championship brings close-combat, wheel-to-wheel racing to the streets of the most progressive cities.
Formula E is more than just a race. With a grid made up of all-electric cars, it’s a competitive platform to test and develop road-relevant technologies, helping to refine the design of electric vehicles while promoting the uptake of clean mobility to tackle air pollution on a global scale.
Working with us
At Formula E, we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and, whilst we are passionate about delivery, we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
We are on a journey to build, over time, a world class licensing and retail programme to support the brand and commercial development of Formula E.
The Licensing and Retail Manager is responsible for:
- Working with licensees on the product launch calendar, product development, product approvals and marketing activations to maximise brand reach and commercial return.
- Ensuring the merchandise and retail agency maximises the commercial success of three segments, the global ecommerce site, at track retail and the B2B business.
- Management of the Formula E team uniform production & distribution, and other product value in kind as needed.
The Licensing and Retail Manager will report into the Licensing and Retail Director and will work closely with the internal design, marketing, event experience, digital/social, team & manufacturers and partnerships teams.
What you will be doing
Licensing and Merchandise:
- Working with the Senior Licensing Manager on developing a world class licensing programme
- Ongoing management of licensees including developing their product ranges
- Acting as the licensing sustainability champion to ensure our products match our sustainability ambitions
- Development of marketing activations to promote licensee products
- Propsecting and identifying licensees in different segments
- Working alongside the design team to ensure Formula E brand is well represented through products and packaging
- Feeding marketing & comms team with a product roadmap to ensure products are promoted via FE channels including website, app, social media, email and broadcast
- Timely product approval artwork and product samples
- Driving innovation through our licensing product
- Ensuing products meet / exceed sustainability standards and developing products to showcase our sustainability position.
Ecommerce, at track retail and B2B:
- Determining the Formula E product range strategy
- Proposing / signing off product styles, designs, fit, etc
- Developing, getting sign off for and executing the ecommerce product roll-out
- Supporting product launch campaigns and acquisition drivers by gaining support from the marketing, digital and broadcasts teams
- Feeding marketing & comms team with a roadmap to ensure products are promoted via Formual E owned and operated channels
- Working with suppliers on product quality
- Responsibility in conjunction with the events team of at track retail structures to maixmise the retail opportunity at races
- Working with our agents, partners and teams to ensure a quality delievery of B2B programmes.
- Support the Hugo Boss Activation Manager in managing the delivery and distribution of all Formula E uniforms to all staff before the start of each race season. Work on the delivery of new product VIK from partners
- Determining the best model for uniform distribution – storage / local branding / agency support.
What we’re looking for and what you will need
- An experienced licensing professional with 5-7 years experience
- An ability to create strong working relationships with licensees across product development and approval
- Good attention to detail and client service excellence
- Experienced in building marketing activations which can leverage the championships reach to generate product sell through
- Experience in prospecting and negotiating licensing agreements
- An understanding of ecommerce and venue retailing
- Can provide operational excellence
- An ability to work with multiple stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of the programme
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a fast based, dyamic and changing environment
- An understanding of sports licensing desirable but not essential
- The role will involve some domestic and international travel.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you haven’t heard back from us within two weeks, on this occasion you haven’t been successful, but don’t be discouraged. If you want to join Formula E as we race for better futures, keep an eye out for more opportunities that closely match your skills and experience.
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields.