Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Job Description: Licensing Manager
Reports to: Head of Manufacturing Partnerships
Responsible For: No Direct Reports
Purpose of role:
Responsible for the maximising the opportunity to grow the Quorn brand globally, through creating and developing partnerships with key food manufacturing partners, to provide the relevant category solution through the direct sale of Quorn for onward manufacturing / assembly through a license model.
This commercially led role, will identify and develop existing & new partnerships, proactively seeking new opportunities and reacting to enquiries that expand Quorn presence and distribution. You will also provide a platform to reinvigorate and maximise the opportunity of some current, added value food categories.
Dimensions of role:
Following identification of key categories & partners, develop licensing model. Key categories to consider ready meals, sandwiches, pizza, pastry, salads.
Champion the business model creation and selection for relevant categories. Work alongside other functions to select appropriate model i.e. TPM Procurement/ Category Management/ Marketing, Innovation, Food Service.
Manage the portfolio of products and partners, within the selected categories & channels identified & agreed by the business. Ensure the suitability of partners for the portfolio and markets. Commercially review the opportunities.
Enable shared insights and expertise through market leading partnerships to create core, new & innovative products that meet Quorn brand standards & consumer needs, through entering new space & markets and making a success of those.
Build 1 – 5-year joint business plans to build volume sales & market share in each defined category, capitalising on the core strengths and objectives of food manufacturing partners to maximising Quorn sales & license royalties, through strong negotiation of commercial terms, pricing and well defined contracts.
Nurture and manage relationships for smoothing running and implementation.
Support the International and USA process, ways of working and implementation.
Accurate forecasting and visibility of work steams within the business in order to meet agreed targets and objectives.
Your Key Contributions and Tasks/Accountabilities:
License Partner Scoping:
- Understanding and influencing the portfolio of Quorn branded products.
- Lead the selection and development of license partnerships
- Understand company objectives & ensure shared goals and values of the potential partners
- Build plans for mutual growth, ensuring awareness of objectives for both parties
- Gain access to category knowledge and resource as a category/ channel leader
- Present the opportunities to the business, ensure a cross functional approach.
- Identify capabilities, capacity, cost viability, category insights, and culinary ability with each partnership.
- Ensure excellent level of compatibility and commitment
Championing Business Model Creation, Selection & Use:
- Commercially and contractually take a lead in creating, adapting and using, appropriate business models & contract templates to optimise opportunities
- Implement and develop the license processes & playbook
Implementation of Joint Business Plans:
- Manage change and adaptation to new ways of working both internally and externally
- Agree commercial pricing & complete contract negotiations with clearly defined scope.
- Maintain a strong commercial position on a) sale of ingredients and b) license royalty agreements. Ensure marketing spend in line with category norm to ensure max brand presence and ability for growth targets to be met.
- Assign responsibilities and integrate cross functional teams across the businesses.
- Build strong relationships and support the partnership to ensure success.
- Ensure longevity agreements, 1 – 5 year business plans.
- Effectively control exclusives and non-competes.
- Build culture of the brand and knowledge sharing within the partnership.
- Monitor and action results through performance targets & regular communication to maximise performance and drive brand strength.
- Set KPIs to meet contractual requirements and protect the brand.
- Devise incentives/ penalties as appropriate
- Hold regular updates and provide support to all partnerships
- Manage costs within budget and understand price change requirements.
- Update the business on performance and other opportunities regularly.
- Manage terminations as appropriate
- Contribute to team meetings
- Give advice and support to team members
- Work closely with other relationship holders, senior managers and knowledge managers.
- Identify and agreeing personal development needs
- Take actions to address your personal development needs – being pro-active
- Keep up to date with product/service developments
- Develop technical skills
- Strong collaborator – needs to be able to work in an agile & dynamic structure and have team at the heart.
- Cross functional food manufacturing experience and awareness.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Blue chip training with significant experience in a senior commercial role working with B2B and UK Retail.
- Strategic thinker – can devise, develop and implement channel strategies specifically for key food retail areas.
- High level of commercial awareness/acumen
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Good problem solver and can deal with ambiguity
- People and line management high level experience
- Good communication skills
- Motivational Leadership
- Passion and enthusiasm to get things done
- Strong inter-personal/relationship skills
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.