To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years, other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free, and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born. In 2021 after closing a Series B funding round (we are awaiting full public announcement before we can share the money raised), come and join us on our mission of revolutionising the £2 trillion automotive industry- you’re in for an exciting ride!
About the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our pioneering Operations team within Onto. You will be a key individual responsible for ensuring Onto customers always receive a reliable, quality, bespoke delivery and collection service. You will be directly reporting to the Logistics Team Lead, working as part of a critical team that is passionate about providing a customer focussed, high-quality logistics operation.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop the logistics service for the business, finding the most efficient way to deliver Electric Vehicles to our customers directly and ensure a top-class delivery service
- Ownership of the planning, organisation, monitoring and quality control of all of our customer delivery and collections
- Working closely with our driver network (both internal and external) to ensure that all quality and compliance requirements of our movements are met
- Real-time monitoring of movements, quickly reacting to any events that may delay deliveries and proactively working with our Customer Experience team to resolve any issues that might impact our customers
In this fast-growing business no two days are the same so there will be many ad-hocrequirements.
A bit about you:
- Passionate about delivering a bespoke logistics operation that puts the customer experience at the heart of everything we do
- Previous experience in managing vehicle movements and managing driver movements would be beneficial
- A strong focus and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Enthusiastic about electric vehicles, knowledge of EV charging infrastructure would be beneficial
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and well organised, with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
As well as a competitive salary we provide a number of other benefits including:
- Onto car discount (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Quarterly off-sites and team building
- Summer and Christmas Party
- The opportunity to hold a key position in an ultra-fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape.
- Flexibility to work from home.
- Retail, travel & cinema discounts via Benefits Hub.
Salary: £24k – £27k depending on experience